Thread: Franchised dealer options for 2004 NSX still in warranty

1. Default Franchised dealer options for 2004 NSX still in warranty

I am three months into ownership of my 2004 NSX - I've completed around 1,000 miles and could not be more delighted with the car.

I have now sorted the transfer of the Honda warranty into my name, and so I'd like to book the car in for a service and have a couple of minor items attended to under warranty.

My concern is to find an official dealer who has knowledge of these cars and can be trusted to do a great job.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions - I live in the Surrey area, but am prepared to take the car a fair distance to find the best technicians.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hi,

The most widely used and usually consistent main dealer for the south is Norton Way Honda in letchworth, around J9/10 of the A1. BRian the service manager has been associated with the NSX since its UK launch. They will also provide you with a discount for being an NSXCB member.

They have facility for you to wait for the service or are happy to arrange a courtesy car.

Hope this helps

Regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

3. Default

Thank you. Have spoken to Brian and car is booked in. Very friendly and helpful.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by stefaneinz View Post
    I am three months into ownership of my 2004 NSX - I've completed around 1,000 miles and could not be more delighted with the car.

I have now sorted the transfer of the Honda warranty into my name, and so I'd like to book the car in for a service and have a couple of minor items attended to under warranty.

My concern is to find an official dealer who has knowledge of these cars and can be trusted to do a great job.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions - I live in the Surrey area, but am prepared to take the car a fair distance to find the best technicians.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    I thought I was the only 2004 owner in the village/Surrey! Are you planning on renewing your warranty - mine is about to expire in a coupke of months.

Apologies for the slight thread hijack, but are there any similar recommendations for the South West? My newly acquired NSX has been serviced by Howards in Taunton for the last 8 years or so, just wondering whether to take it back there, use Bristol Honda (my local), or go somewhere else?

I'm aware of Kaz, and greatly admire his knowledge and reputation, but he does seem to be somewhat overbooked...

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    Apologies for the slight thread hijack, but are there any similar recommendations for the South West? My newly acquired NSX has been serviced by Howards in Taunton for the last 8 years or so, just wondering whether to take it back there, use Bristol Honda (my local), or go somewhere else?

I'm aware of Kaz, and greatly admire his knowledge and reputation, but he does seem to be somewhat overbooked...
    Howards is fine. In fact they are cheaper than Bristol and can think out of the box if there's a problem. The Aftersales manager's called Paul Hancock.

Cheers,

James.

Thanks for the reply, James

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    I thought I was the only 2004 owner in the village/Surrey! Are you planning on renewing your warranty - mine is about to expire in a coupke of months.
    Yes, I will renew the warranty. I know the cars are tremendously reliable, but whilst I still can I may as well have the peace of mind of a Honda warranty.

I've just got the car back from Norton Way Honda. Very professional and efficient - thank you for the recommendation. Had the car for a week and lent me a Honda Jazz whilst they were working on the car. Although the car has only done just over 8,000 miles, I asked them to perform a full age-related service, and I also elected to have the cambelt changed at the same time (would have needed doing next year).

I am now getting the car professionally detailed (there are loads of swirl marks in the paint); I will be sure to post up pics when its done.

Cheers