Thread: NSX warranty renewal - important for ~2004 cars

Default NSX warranty renewal - important for ~2004 cars

Popped into my local dealer and they quoted £1200 for another three years warranty (unfortunately no longer inclusive of wear and tear). Claim limit is unlimited for next three years, but if I were to renew it on annual basis, claim limit is £1000 after year 8, so definitely worth bearing in mind. You can also blag the customary 10% NSXCB discount off the above.

Cheap as chips. BMW wanted more than that for a single year to extend the warranty further on my (ex) 2001 M5. Probably says something about their relative reliability...

Quote Originally Posted by DamianW View Post
    Cheap as chips. BMW wanted more than that for a single year to extend the warranty further on my (ex) 2001 M5. Probably says something about their relative reliability...
    I was going to say it is very good value, but I think our BMW 330i warranty @£520 will be better value - if you catch my drift. I guess it is easy to take the engineering integrity for granted until you drive other brands. Porsche is ~£1100pa, only goes up to 8 years, and you have to have the check beforehand.

It's not inasmuch reliability (you get the occasional grenade engine) but most M-models seem to eat suspension components at an alarming rate.

I know some who've really had their money's worth out of the BMW warranty.

I extended the S2000's warranty. Then though it a CWOT & didn't. THEN I got the grenade engine. Oh well.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    It's not inasmuch reliability (you get the occasional grenade engine) but most M-models seem to eat suspension components at an alarming rate.

I know some who've really had their money's worth out of the BMW warranty.
    There's lots of horror stories around. But then they make a lot of cars. I think I was lucky with mine, it really never needed much doing. I had a new starter motor and some reversing sensors, and that was it.

Mind, over the same period of time I had exactly NOTHING go wrong on my NSX. Just needed consumables.

6. Default

Spent that on a year's warranty for my M3, so that is good !
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]