Thread: tail light condensation discussion

Yes replaced under extended warranty, they are about £500 a corner to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by swlabhot
    Congrats Nigel! Shes a beauty indeed. Love the colour. I got a soft spot for white NSX's. I would have it over any colour anyday. Look forward to seeing it in person

Simon, did you have the rear light cluster replaced under extended warranty? If so I might have to purchsase the warranty and have it replaced. How much are they to purcjase new? Mine condenses everytime after I wash it! Ugh!

£500 a corner?! :shock: ouch!

So u reckon I could just purchase the extended waranty now and claim it under that? Its not an 'excluded item 'under the extended warranty for sure? I dont want to spend that and then find out later that for whatever reason they would not replace it under warranty.... Just want to be 100% sure thats all. Is there a grace period from the time you buy the warranty until the time you can use it? and is there a limit as too how many times you can claim under warranty?

So am I right in assuming I would need to get the warranty from only an NSX franchised dealers and not ordinary branches?
    2L ITR Turbo - upgrades in progress...
    S2K GT

Sorry not sure, David at Brayley Hemel Hempstead is one if the best people to speak to re warranties, give him a ring and mention my name.
    01442 233455

Not NSX dealers but am sure he can advise you.

Service history must be 100% though to even think about a warranty.

£500 a corner?! :shock: ouch!

So u reckon I could just purchase the extended waranty now and claim it under that? Its not an 'excluded item 'under the extended warranty for sure? I dont want to spend that and then find out later that for whatever reason they would not replace it under warranty.... Just want to be 100% sure thats all. Is there a grace period from the time you buy the warranty until the time you can use it? and is there a limit as too how many times you can claim under warranty?

So am I right in assuming I would need to get the warranty from only an NSX franchised dealers and not ordinary branches?

and even new ones may end up getting condensation in them so don't waste your money on them.It's a common fault with them,a number of members on this board have had it,including me.

Starting new topic

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip nsx
    and even new ones may end up getting condensation in them so don't waste your money on them.It's a common fault with them,a number of members on this board have had it,including me.

and...?

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewto...007&highlight=

There we go, negative talk out of Nigel's thread !!

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip nsx
    and...?

I contacted Chiswick Honda and left a msg to call me back re ext warranty. They havent had the decency to return my call yet

Maybe I can just let it dry out, take them off and apply some clear silicone to give it a good water tight seal? I did it for some aftermarket tail lights that I have on my Teg and it worked.
    2L ITR Turbo - upgrades in progress...
    S2K GT

It's worth a go, if you can find where they are leaking from, asked if I could have my old one back, possibly after it has gone off to the warranty company was the response.

I contacted Chiswick Honda and left a msg to call me back re ext warranty. They havent had the decency to return my call yet

Maybe I can just let it dry out, take them off and apply some clear silicone to give it a good water tight seal? I did it for some aftermarket tail lights that I have on my Teg and it worked.

10. Default

RE-extended warranties, I have just purchased one for the NSX I bought at the weekend. It obviously came with 12 months Honda warranty from the dealer, so I asked about the option to re-new next year and the saleman said fine, but don't let it lapse first, as to bring the car back into the Honda warranty scheme afterwards would require a full inspection of the car to be carried out first.
    Presumably, i) this would be at the owners cost? ii) They would at this point highlight all the things that are wrong, and need sorting before applying the warranty?
    I opted to to make up the full seven years maximum there and then!

Still not got it, still not driven it, still stressed out waiting for the weekend!!!
    Stay off the kerbs at Eau Rouge!!