Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2001 Imola Orange Pearl flip lights NSX on PH

Thanks Conor.

We did Raro' and Aitutaki for a few days each when we visited NZ in '08 - Aitutaki is genuine paradise, albeit rather £££. Maldives look like they're going to be very similar - off to Vilamendhoo, which is supposed to have an excellent house reef. I'm not a strong swimmer, but I feel more comfortable snorkelling (main problem is breathing when just swimming - snorkel fixes that).
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Went to Full Moon a few years ago, its my idea of paradise living on those wooden houses off the coast!

I would love to do it again.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

I'd just spotted that car and came on here to see what the collective thought of the price. My immediate reaction was "holy cow, I really did sell my 3.2 at the wrong time!". Can't remember if my car was earlier or later than that, but it was also a 2001 3.2.

If anyone cares, and apologies for the thread drift, but I moved on from an E39 M5 and now have an R35 GTR. That's about as polar opposite a car to the NSX as you can get I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianW View Post
    I'd just spotted that car and came on here to see what the collective thought of the price. My immediate reaction was "holy cow, I really did sell my 3.2 at the wrong time!". Can't remember if my car was earlier or later than that, but it was also a 2001 3.2.

If anyone cares, and apologies for the thread drift, but I moved on from an E39 M5 and now have an R35 GTR. That's about as polar opposite a car to the NSX as you can get I think.
    I nearly bought a GTR, but couldn't shake the NSX bug. Never got as far as a test drive. What do you think of it? Is it the spaceship everyone says it is?

Cheers,

James.

P.s, I thought you'd car made pretty good money at the time. Hard to estimate what it's worth now.
    Last edited by Papalazarou; 23-02-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    I nearly bought a GTR, but couldn't shake the NSX bug. Never got as far as a test drive. What do you think of it? Is it the spaceship everyone says it is?

P.s, I thought you'd car made pretty good money at the time. Hard to estimate what it's worth now.
    I did sell the NSX for a good price, you're right. I regret selling it a bit, though truth is I just wasn't using it and there's no point having an expensive ornament.

The GTR is great, worth a test drive. I wanted a car that would make me want to drive it when I opened the garage, yet had a back seat for my daughter. With those requirements I tested 3 cars: a Porsche 997, a Lotus Evora and the GTR. The 997 was well built, competent, but otherwise a little dull. The Evora was as good as people say it is, its fabulous to drive, but for me the rear seats and boot were just too inconvenient. The GTR was mesmerising. Its astonishingly fast, yet for all its computers it still makes you feel part of the action. I'd recommend trying one. The big downsides, compared to an NSX, are its size and overly hard ride. Apparently the MY11 cars now have a softer ride, and I bet its all the better for it. Anyway, early days but so far so good!

Good luck with the GT-R Damian. Interesting car, but the running costs scare me witless!

I really liked the Evora. So much so, I bought an NSX instead. It was simply more characterful & had "it".
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Good luck with the GT-R Damian. Interesting car, but the running costs scare me witless!

I really liked the Evora. So much so, I bought an NSX instead. It was simply more characterful & had "it".
    Know what you mean about Evora. The NSX is a better Evora, my old 3.2 certainly felt quicker in a straight line and had a much nicer sounding engine (and a bespoke engine too, which counts for a lot to me). But I do like the Evora, I think it looks great, and the steering .. my oh my, if only an NSX had that it'd be perfect.

Running costs on GTR, again they've just improved it on the MY11 cars. Apparently they're now 12 month services. I have an 09 car though, so yes I have the eye-opening 6 month schedule. I'm told, by the previous owner, that the costs are actually nothing like as bad as the internet makes out, and that they're nothing compared to a Ferrari. Only live once!

8. Default

I did sell the NSX for a good price, you're right. I regret selling it a bit, though truth is I just wasn't using it and there's no point having an expensive ornament.
    What's the predecessor of Deja-Vu? like, in the sense... when it's something you haven't seen before, but now that you have, you are sure you will see it again in the future....

not convinced it's merely premonition?
    Last edited by Boomin33; 24-02-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Despite the high cost of living, it's still very popular.

Very nice mate ... BUT ...

I have heard comments from various owners over here, and most say the GTR is super fast and technologically brilliant but when it comes to outright driver appeal, most lose interest rather rapidly. They say the car pretty much drives itself and there is not much user input. I have read (on local forumes here, as well as hearing from friends who know people that have them) people change from these types of car to 335cd's etc and they prefer those over them. Also they appear to change hands very rapidly and this is due to not being the out and out driver's car it could have been.

Running costs and other associated costs are ridiculous ... a full set of boots i hear costs approx 2.5k alone, then if you damage one ... do an internet search on that one (scary stuff)

Personally I like em, but have not had the pleasure of driving one as yet ... however if its NOT as involved as an NSX then i would frankly pass. I buy a car for me to DRIVE, not for it to drive me.

The GTR was mesmerising. Its astonishingly fast, yet for all its computers it still makes you feel part of the action. I'd recommend trying one. The big downsides, compared to an NSX, are its size and overly hard ride. Apparently the MY11 cars now have a softer ride, and I bet its all the better for it. Anyway, early days but so far so good!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    Very nice mate ... BUT ...

I have heard comments from various owners over here, and most say the GTR is super fast and technologically brilliant but when it comes to outright driver appeal, most lose interest rather rapidly. They say the car pretty much drives itself and there is not much user input. I have read (on local forumes here, as well as hearing from friends who know people that have them) people change from these types of car to 335cd's etc and they prefer those over them. Also they appear to change hands very rapidly and this is due to not being the out and out driver's car it could have been.

Running costs and other associated costs are ridiculous ... a full set of boots i hear costs approx 2.5k alone, then if you damage one ... do an internet search on that one (scary stuff)

Personally I like em, but have not had the pleasure of driving one as yet ... however if its NOT as involved as an NSX then i would frankly pass. I buy a car for me to DRIVE, not for it to drive me.
    With respect, drive one and find out for yourself. They do *not* drive themselves, in that regard I was as surprised as the next man.

Tyres are 2.5k if you are willing to pay a main dealer for tyres. I am getting all 4 replaced for 1400, but that's because I'm sticking with runflats, you can go a lot cheaper if you fancy trying standard rubber (I wouldn't, the car was designed for runflats).

As for going to a 335 ... I'm not 60 years old yet. I've had an M5, and good as it was, it never excited me. I never opened the garage door wanting to drive one. I open the garage door now and I get excited. Job done.

With hindsight I'm a little surprised at all the internet whinging about costs. But its *very* surprising on an NSX forum, a car that can quickly become eye wateringly expensive when things go wrong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast