Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-purchase inspection 2?

Default Pre-purchase inspection 2?

Another NSX has come up for sale for a realistic price which I'd like to purchase.
    I was coming over to the UK anyway and booked the channel tunnel tickets last Friday, arriving in Blighty 14.00 on Saturday 19th, returning Saturday 26th: this meant I could view the car on 19th on my way up north.......it now transpires the vendor is coincidentally going on holiday to France on those very dates and as a result, I won't be able to view the car!!

Is anyone knowledgeable enough willing and able to undertake a pre-purchase inspection on my behalf on either Friday 18th pm or Saturday 19th am......the car's located near Milton Keynes?

Cheers,

Mathieu

2. Default

Surely he can arrange his wife/girlfriend/friend to just be there whilst you view the car?

I'm not sure how much it costs, but you could always use the AA.
    http://www.theaa.com/motoring-advice...spections.html
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

RESULT? I had a pre-purchase inspection undertaken today on a sebring silver with black/red interior 96T and based on this, I plan to fly over on Saturday 19th with a view to purchase once I thoroughly test drive and inspect the car myself........problem is, apart from doing my homework though this and other websites, I've never driven an NSX and have no first hand experience!

Would anyone living around the Milton Keynes area be willing to view the car with me on Saturday pm.....I land at Stansted approx 14.00. I live 1000 miles away and if I purchase on Saturday will drive back to the French Pyrenees that very day.

Any help hugely appreciated.

Cheers,

Mathieu

Can't help you out I'm afraid but if you don't get any takers, the same rules apply as for any other car purchase. You'll be fine.

If you know the car's registration number, it might be known to us here on NSXCB or it has
    previously owned by a member here & might be able offer some advice?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Here goes:

Registration On Off
    N115GLY 2 Jan 1996 16 Jun 1997
    4LE 16 Jun 1997 22 Feb 2006
    N115GLY 22 Feb 2006 30 Mar 2006
    E2NSX 30 Mar 2006

Cheers,

Mathieu

I agree with NSXGB. I bought mine with little personal experience of the make and used my judgement and common sense as with buying anything. I have not regretted it. Caveat emptor of course but I would think that a well maintained NSX with all the paperwork that drives well and a helpful and pleasant seller should be encouragement enough.

Bonne chance
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

At last.....I am now the owner of a sebring silver '96 NSX T: I was going to say "proud owner" but 20 miles after picking it up, the engine management and TCS lights came on! Stopped the car, restarted, lights still on. Drove 1200 kms home, car drove beautifully but lights remain ON.

I've rummaged around on the forum and concluded it's probably the O2 sensor/s but wanted to read the codes to be sure. Passenger foot well carpet rolled back but no blue (as per prime) connector.....the only one not connected is red....could this be the one as no colour is mentioned on this forum (or at least I can't find it). Also, how many O2 sensors are fitted to this model.....I thought it was 2 but SOS say its 4.

Can't wait to use the car with no warnings!!

Cheers

Mathieu

Sorry to hear of your woes Mathieu, I believe UK and US car had different spec when it came to emissions.

The Blue connector is sometimes hidden behind the alloy foot plate.

A quick look at the Cats will tell you how many sensor you have. If you got them in the cats you got 4 if you got none in the cats you got two...unless somebody changed the cats.

Good luck,

AR

Congratulations on finally getting a car :-)

Mine is a 96 UK Targa as well. They are OBDI cars with just two pre-cat O2 sensors as standard in the UK and possibly mainland Europe as well. The US 95/6 cars went onto OBDII and 4 sensors before we did in 97 on the 3.2

As for the warnings..Could be as simple as O2 sensors but sometimes there are more obscure reasons for that combination. Once you find the blue plug try and read off the fault codes....

Good luck,

Gary

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast