Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSX Technical and Service Information Index

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default NSX Technical and Service Information Index

[UPDATE] Due to the number of text getting close to the limit, some of the categories in this thread will be
    moved to another one here; NSX Technical and Service Information Index 02

If you were taken to this thread automatically by the link in other posts,
    please check out the above link if you can’t find the specific categories below.

Thank you.

Some of the useful information from my NSX Health Check Service as well as other post/thread.
    Please hover your mouse on the text and click.

I would like to say thank you to the members who allowed me to post the link to their thread.
    Precious information for all of us. Will be updated regularly.

Regards, Kaz

Name:  ENG2.JPG
Views: 19092
Size:  12.0 KB

It all started from here... The Story

Diagnosis

'NSX Health Check Service' thread back up without IMG files

Engine/Tyre

Engine Refresh Stage 1

Engine Refresh Stage 2

MT/AT/Drivetrain

Brake

Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 23-01-2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Regular Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1
    If you want to have something added to the list, please let me know through email or replying to this post.
    How about overhaul process for seized Compliance pivots...? I seem to remember you having done some work on this already?

The click-able index is fantastically helpful - thanks for taking the time to set this up Kaz.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Thanks Kaz, very useful indexing.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    The click-able index is fantastically helpful - thanks for taking the time to set this up Kaz.
    Agreed. Thanks very much Kaz.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

6. 06-02-2023, 09:09 AM

Blog Entries

Hi, everyone.

Thank you for the kind comment and I'll try to update it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    How about overhaul process for seized Compliance pivots...? I seem to remember you having done some work on this already?
    Hi, NSXGB.

A while ago, I was planning to borrow one of the ex-owner’s spare Compliance Pivot to take some photos to show the procedure.

However, it is now at the lower priority as I’m more interested in locking the compliance pivot all together.

As a reference, if you can prevent several bushes from moving in each direction, you may be able to perform the followings on the car but it is very likely to taking the compliance pivot out of the car.

The aim is to release the ‘cup’ at the bottom of the pivot.

This is the one adjusting the caster and it is round/ring like shape aluminium.

You can see the diagram in the 'suspension' section of the workshop manual.

If you study the bush and pivot assy movement, you will understand the direction of the force to be applied.

Quite often, the technique we use is to cause thermal shock to break the seizure.

To frozen the material, you can use lots of freezer spray for electrical components test or put some ice cubes into the juicer, crash them into small particles and put them into Zip lock bag.

If you have special access, I used to use liquid Nitrogen as well. Then, apply/hold/place it against the pivot and cup.

Once they are freezing cold, pour warm water.

Repeat this several times and after a few tries while the parts are still warm, apply penetrating oil to the cup.

You may want to try to submerge the cup into a bag of penetrating oil but be careful not to inhale the fume or melt the bag.

You don’t want boiling hot water as you may damage the rubber bush inside the pivot and you only need to cause repeated thermal shock.

Try to rotate the cup but be careful not to damage the cup or the tabs.

The cup is not sold separately and if you break it, you must buy the whole pivot assy….

There is another technique for the seized bush at the camber adjuster bush collar/bolt but I’ll touch on this at some point.

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 16-02-2011 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Thanks Kaz.
    You may remember that my castor adjustment was seized. I have managed to buy two spare compliance pivots to play with so am well prepared.
    I would be interested in how you aim to lock the compliance pivot, I assume you mean without the aftermarket pivot clamps?

many thanks for the great index Kaz

Super!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

10. Default

Hi Kaz

Car just failed MOT worn front lower passingerside ball joint. It seems Honda do't do ball joints and the whole knuckle has to be replaced. Have you ever replaced one one these ball joints? Is a the knuckle on a LHD drive car the same as on a RHD?

regards

Claudio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast