Thread: Honda News - Honda 2011 Motorsports Overview

1. Default Honda News - Honda 2011 Motorsports Overview

Honda announced the key features of its 2011 motorsports program, including its motorsports strategy and initiatives for expanding the popularity of motorsports.

More...

WIth key highlights such as these, I'd have hoped Honda might revisit the road car for production ....

I also spotted on You Tube a hybrid NSX running on track ... appeared to be FR set up which could be the technology to sit in a new road car ..... Honda could have been first to market but hesitation has allowed Ferrari to get there with the new FF ...

Automobile activities In Japan, Honda will compete in the Super GT Series GT500 Class with the “HSV-010 GT”, the machine that gave Honda the dual titles of driver’s and team championships last season, again entering five teams and five race machines this year. Capitalizing on the improved vehicle dynamics in the 2011 model to make it an even more competitive machine, Honda is targeting for its second consecutive dual-title victory.

Honda will also enter four teams in Formula Nippon and equip six cars with the 3.4-liter V-8 “HR10E” engine, now with even higher combustion efficiency while achieving higher output and greater fuel efficiency. Competing with vehicles equipped with Honda engines, the teams will battle to win back the dual titles of driver’s and team championships.

In North America, Honda has supplied engines to the IndyCar® Series since 2003, through Honda Performance Development, Inc. (HPD). As the sole engine supplier to the category since 2006, Honda will provide all teams again this year with a V-8 "HI11R" engine running on 100% ethanol fuel. As a Japanese driver fully participating in IndyCar® Series, Takuma Sato will be racing his second season in the series, driving for KV Racing Technology-Lotus.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Default Guess you missed it, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    WIth key highlights such as these, I'd have hoped Honda might revisit the road car for production ....

I also spotted on You Tube a hybrid NSX running on track ... appeared to be FR set up which could be the technology to sit in a new road car ..... Honda could have been first to market but hesitation has allowed Ferrari to get there with the new FF ...
    "Today was the presentation of a Tokyo sports Honda for 2011, including the Super GT is of course a prominent place since the manufacturer officially committed. President Takanobu Ito (stakeholder, remember, the first draft as head NSX chassis) was the presentation itself, as is customary, and has not escaped the famous question. But instead of evacuating the subject, as usual, his answer was surprising: "I have something in mind." Although not a definitive yes and frank, this is a clear change of attitude vis-ŕ-vis past denials."

Source: http://www.leblogauto.com/2011/02/la...ie-civile.html

Bit of a coffee-spray...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson