Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-purchase inspection?

Sounds like a great idea. Follow it up with a week on the beach near Perpignan...

So all we need is Mathieu to find his car and we're off...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Ian, your PM box is full....

Ooops - sorry.

Cleared out a little now!
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    I had a look on the map and it is way down South. Can't recall how far down one can go on train.

Train...have you lost leave of your senses? Are you going to rent an NSX once you're there? I thought the whole point was to drive through the A's and D's of France whilst stopping for a nice meal and hotel on the way ....booting it intelligently without getting stopped for speeding and getting your car confiscated (it does happen) . If you've a boring car then stick it on the train! Has your NSX broken down or are you afraid to put miles on....it defeats the point of an NSX track day outing!

By the way, if anyone's interested, the Pau historic is being held from 13th to 15th May...it's our little Monaco.....brilliant do: weather dependent! http://www.grandprixdepauhistorique.com/

I'll keep you posted on the best way down to Pau once I've (hopefully) struck the deal.....Bordeaux is not the best route...I'll explain why later.......watch this spot.

Bonsoir
    Last edited by matpp; 26-01-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Mathieu,

I am in Paris - maybe we should have a French meet when the weather improves. Unfortunately, my NSX is in Aberdeen - long story - but will be coming over here in the spring once I have it serviced etc. I know Pau very well - fantastic city; I am there frequently on business (and for the foie gras and magret) so an excuse to drive down there instead of enduring Air France would be great.

BTW if anyone is interested in driving over here by far the best and cheapest route is the Eurotunnel. Alternatively, to maximise driving in the Pays Basque and the Pyrénées-Atlantiques take the ferry to San Sebastian from Plymouth or Southampton. As for the beaches of Perpignon they are nothing compared to those of the Pays Basque.
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

Just received an email from the vendor saying he's sold the car.....I made him a very good offer last Saturday to which he never responded apart from emailing me copy documents and a photo....his advert said he didn't want timewasters....it would appear I ended up with one.

The car's reg is N11 NSX so it's bound to turn up on this forum somewhere!

Thanks for you kind offers, Simon and Ian.....very much appreciated.

Back to the drawing board for me.

There's two very nice yellow ones and a new midnight purple has popped up on piston heads for around 21k'ish

Good luck in your search Ian

Quote Originally Posted by matpp View Post
    Train...have you lost leave of your senses? Are you going to rent an NSX once you're there? I thought the whole point was to drive through the A's and D's of France whilst stopping for a nice meal and hotel on the way ....booting it intelligently without getting stopped for speeding and getting your car confiscated (it does happen) . If you've a boring car then stick it on the train! Has your NSX broken down or are you afraid to put miles on....it defeats the point of an NSX track day outing!

By the way, if anyone's interested, the Pau historic is being held from 13th to 15th May...it's our little Monaco.....brilliant do: weather dependent! http://www.grandprixdepauhistorique.com/

I'll keep you posted on the best way down to Pau once I've (hopefully) struck the deal.....Bordeaux is not the best route...I'll explain why later.......watch this spot.

Bonsoir
    I would only be able to get away for a short weekend so would hope to pick up the Renault in Portsmouth, hop on the Friday overnight ferry, and arrive nearby in the morning - I think NSX100 has sown the seeds of a plan.

Sorry to hear that, possibly someone offered a bit more or the asking price and guy went with that.

Hopefully something else you like will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by matpp View Post
    Just received an email from the vendor saying he's sold the car.....I made him a very good offer last Saturday to which he never responded apart from emailing me copy documents and a photo....his advert said he didn't want timewasters....it would appear I ended up with one.

The car's reg is N11 NSX so it's bound to turn up on this forum somewhere!

Thanks for you kind offers, Simon and Ian.....very much appreciated.

Back to the drawing board for me.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    There's two very nice yellow ones and a new midnight purple has popped up on piston heads for around 21k'ish

Good luck in your search Ian
    Thanks Ian......unfortunately I don't like yellow.....and I can't be the only one as they've both been on PH for some time now. Also, one picture shows the speedo and the numbers don't appear to line up correctly...is this normal for an NSX? The other yellow one's got too much mileage for me.
    Purple?....not sure and it's miles away in south devon........does anyone on the forum live there to check it out or does anyone have any knowledge of N5X SC?

Mathieu
    Last edited by matpp; 27-01-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast