Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-purchase inspection?

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    I live in West Sussex and whilst no mechanical expert (something of an understatement) I do have a reasonable eye for detail and would be willing to take a look at the car for you.

It is possible I could persuade Simon (NSXCB), who is rather more mechanically minded, to come along with me - whereabouts in W. Sussex is the car?

I am tied up this Saturday, but Sunday am is a possible.

I guess it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, all I / we could do is report back on the car based on looking, listening and hopefully travelling in it - there could be absolutely no guarantee that the car is 100% (or even 50%!!) based on a casual inspection such as this.
    Blimey, what a brilliant forum....immediate and positive response! Let me contact the vendor as he's currently moving house and communication is somewhat slow...as I'm writing this, just telephoned him and he promised to confirm if Sunday am is OK by Thursday pm.

Thanks Simon and Ian. If you could pm me with your phone numbers, I'll give you a full rundown.

Merci et a bientot

Mathieu
    Last edited by matpp; 25-01-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Other options would be an AA/RAC inspection or see if the current owner would take it along to PLans Motorsport who do a know a bit about NSX's ....

I would however be happy for Ian & Simon to report on an NSX given their combined knowledge and eye for detail.

Good Luck. I presume the NSX will be leaving UK soil if all goes well at the weekend?

regards, Paul
    Thanks for the response Paul, I think I'll put my trust in them....nothing like front line experience: do AA/RAC have that?
    Yes, the NSX would be leaving for French soil.....I have brilliant alpine roads on my doorstep (I'm also a biker) and a few trackday tracks (Pau Arnos) not far away BUT back to blighty for Goodwood and Silverstone if the car proves reliable (HONDA/Ferrari?)
    I can organize it....if anyone fancies a trackday at Pau Arnos, let me know....look it up on the internet.....anyway, I'm obviously getting overexcited with my potential purchase after a few glasses of wine. Cheers,

Hope all goes well Mathieu! and you get a chance to own on of these great cars.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Thanks....SNAP

Quote Originally Posted by matpp View Post
    Thanks for the response Paul, I think I'll put my trust in them....nothing like front line experience: do AA/RAC have that?
    Yes, the NSX would be leaving for French soil.....I have brilliant alpine roads on my doorstep (I'm also a biker) and a few trackday tracks (Pau Arnos) not far away BUT back to blighty for Goodwood and Silverstone if the car proves reliable (HONDA/Ferrari?)
    I can organize it....if anyone fancies a trackday at Pau Arnos, let me know....look it up on the internet.....anyway, I'm obviously getting overexcited with my potential purchase after a few glasses of wine. Cheers,

Sounds like the Euro trip some of us were discussing on "Marky's I'm not coming ;-)" London mini-meet is sorted then lol

Good luck, hope the car is a good un....

Quote Originally Posted by matpp View Post
    if anyone fancies a trackday at Pau Arnos, let me know....look it up on the internet,
    What would be the easiest way to get there?

+1

Hope all works out for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    What would be the easiest way to get there?
    I'll take a guess and suggest via the chunnel in your NSX?
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    I'll take a guess and suggest via the chunnel in your NSX?
    I had a look on the map and it is way down South. Can't recall how far down one can go on train.

Calais will do, then take the fabulous 940 caostal road to Le Touquet for breakfast.

Back on the 940 and pick up the 925 down past Le Harve at which point I'd head for Le Mans area.

Depending on time of day you start, pick somewhere between here and Bordeaux for your overnight; plenty of Chateau's to choose from.

Pau is about 65 miles south of Bordeaux.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast