Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 - 2011 Season

Yay!........

Oh bo**ox..
    我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

I can see Vettel running away with the championship this year.He was never in any danger of not winning.
    Interesting race though.Far more exciting than the turgid boredom of the England v Wales football match yesterday.
    Seriously,I have never understood the fanatical appeal of football.I watched the 1st half yesterday and just could not be bothered to watch the 2nd half.
    I went out for a drive instead
    I tell people that I've now done one decent thing in my life. Albeit inadvertently.
    Larry David

'92 Red/Black
    RS*R Exhaust, DC Headers, SuperDuper LeMans AirScooper, Dali Stealth OEM Airbox Mod: Fujita Filter, OEM 2002+ GOLD calipers + 2 piece race rotors . . . take a breath . . . and finally Nitron one way adjustable suspension!

Easy to fall into the trap of judging a season on just the opening race. The first race last year everyone was yawning saying it's going to be a Ferrari walkover after their one two finish in a processional race, but there are always many many twists.
    我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Lets wait and see at weekend, I can't wait!

I wouldn't mind JB & MB with MS doing well.
    Ok i gotta ask,who's MB?????
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Ok i gotta ask,who's MB?????
    Maybe he thinks that with Coulthard going into the commentary box, Martin Brundle will start racing again ....
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Sorry guys. MB = Mercedes Benz, just me being quirky.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

So what did you think? the new tyres seem to be having the desired effect. Another points finish for Kamui but trying to save tyres clearly doesn't work, just come in more for fresh boots

Come on, we can get this thread to page five by the end of the season.
    我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

Tyres, KERS & adjustable rear wing thingy = Great racing !!

F1 now has all the ingredients for more exciting races.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Well I've just watched the China race and Wow! That brought back memories of the racing of old with multiple overtakes, strategy muck ups and some great on track action with the guys actually showing why they are rewarded so well!

Lewis was clear driver of the day for me for the race distance, Marks gets the vote for the best 2nd half of a race .... 16th to 3rd has to be some kind of record.

Given the renault performance it just seems more painful each race to the team for them not to have Robert at the helm.

I do have a couple of questions to which I cant find the answers ...

1) Why are drivers allowed to deploy DRS during practive but have it limited to restricted parts of the track for the race? Surely if the driver is confident in his ability and 'feels' his car has grip then surely he should be allowed to deploy wherever on the track. Get it wrong and he puts it in the kitty litter, get it rigth and you'd see more ovetakes in less obvious and controlled areas of the race track.

2) The one second rule allows the second of two cars to deploy DRS. What happens to the the 3rd or 5th car as we saw today. With close racing is it only the 2nd car that can open or do they all get to open apart from the lead car in such circumstances?

Thanx ... looking forward to Europe!

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Well I've just watched the China race and Wow! That brought back memories of the racing of old with multiple overtakes, strategy muck ups and some great on track action with the guys actually showing why they are rewarded so well!

Lewis was clear driver of the day for me for the race distance, Marks gets the vote for the best 2nd half of a race .... 16th to 3rd has to be some kind of record.

Given the renault performance it just seems more painful each race to the team for them not to have Robert at the helm.

I do have a couple of questions to which I cant find the answers ...

1) Why are drivers allowed to deploy DRS during practive but have it limited to restricted parts of the track for the race? Surely if the driver is confident in his ability and 'feels' his car has grip then surely he should be allowed to deploy wherever on the track. Get it wrong and he puts it in the kitty litter, get it rigth and you'd see more ovetakes in less obvious and controlled areas of the race track.

2) The one second rule allows the second of two cars to deploy DRS. What happens to the the 3rd or 5th car as we saw today. With close racing is it only the 2nd car that can open or do they all get to open apart from the lead car in such circumstances?

Thanx ... looking forward to Europe!

regards, Paul
    Hi Paul,i can't help with the first answer,but i believe that if the following car is within 1 second of the car it is chasing,then the DRS system will activate,so therefor,if the third car is within 1 second of the second car then their system will activate,and so on.

Regards,

Ivor.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast