Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 - 2011 Season

m666 edd Guest

Default Formula 1 - 2011 Season

Thought I'd start a thread for the 2011 season.

First race is in Bahrain - 13th March.

This season is in HD on BBC.

For the commentary they've replaced the babbling Jonathan Legard with David Coulthard. I'm personally extremely glad of this change if you couldn't tell!

Latest details and changes are usually updated here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Formula_One_season

I can't wait.

I can't wait either.
    Start of F1 season means summer isn't far away.Hopes its as good as last season.
    I tell people that I've now done one decent thing in my life. Albeit inadvertently.
    Larry David

'92 Red/Black
    RS*R Exhaust, DC Headers, SuperDuper LeMans AirScooper, Dali Stealth OEM Airbox Mod: Fujita Filter, OEM 2002+ GOLD calipers + 2 piece race rotors . . . take a breath . . . and finally Nitron one way adjustable suspension!

Can't wait with the new aero regulations & tyres changes.

Lets see if theres more over taking with adjustable rear wing & KERS, plus the new Pirellis are
    meant to de grade quicker, so rewards the smoother driver.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by nakamichi View Post
    I can't wait either.
    Start of F1 season means summer isn't far away.Hopes its as good as last season.
    Nah, they've just squeeezed more races in this year so the season is starting at the end of winter...

I wonder if the Maclaren will be a step closer to the RB's as their KERS system was well ahead of anyone elses...

Hope it's a close one again this year, makes it more interesting. I'm going for Hamilton to win the DC this year.

Quote Originally Posted by m666 edd View Post
    Thought I'd start a thread for the 2011 season.

First race is in Bahrain - 13th March.

This season is in HD on BBC.

For the commentary they've replaced the babbling Jonathan Legard with David Coulthard. I'm personally extremely glad of this change if you couldn't tell!

Latest details and changes are usually updated here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Formula_One_season

I can't wait.
    <Pedant mode on>
    Technically, they have replaced lead commentator Legard with Martin Brundle (which can only be a good thing IMHO). Coulthard takes on Brundle's old role, which may work, but I have my concerns - he is still on the pay roll at RBR and it shows. He rarely speaks his mind, and as a result is uncontroversial & dull. <pedant mode off>

I am really looking forward to the upcoming season, despite the reintroduction of KERS and adjustable rear wings (which all seems very contrived to me). But at least the cars will still sound like F1 cars.

In 2013 we face the prospect of 4 cylinder, 1600cc turbo cars, which will sound terrible.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Personally I thought the pairing of Jonathan & Martin worked well. With DC moving into the commentry box (I'll wait to be convinced this is a good thing), who joins Jake and Eddie in the pits?

Stiring of the grey matter .... when DC was racing, wasn't MArtin his manager? IIRC, then I've even more doubts over DC's move.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Legard was terrible, didn't you notice Martin didn't even bother to answer his ridiculous questions anymore and just carried on talking about something else, the atmosphere was frosty to say the least.
    I think the new pairing should be OK, maybe Dave can even out Martin's McLaren favouritism

Quote Originally Posted by gumball View Post
    Legard was terrible, didn't you notice Martin didn't even bother to answer his ridiculous questions anymore and just carried on talking about something else...............
    I 100% agree. He just babbled about anything and everything, quite often making the most idiotic statements and certainly treating the viewers as complete imbeciles.

I have enormous respect for Martin Brundle and think he can probably make the step-up to lead commentator, but only time will tell. If he fails, the BBC have only to look as far as their 'red-button' team - Croft & Davidson do a great job of commentating on the practice sessions - if they can make these consistently informative & entertaining, a race (even one in Bahrain) should be no problem for them!

Interestingly, having criticised DC for being bland and unopinionated, I see that EJ is now 'main analyst'. I guess you have to be careful what you wish for!!!!

(You are correct Paul - Brundle did manage Coulthard).
    Last edited by WhyOne?; 21-01-2011 at 10:07 AM.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    Can't wait with the new aero regulations & tyres changes.

Lets see if theres more over taking with adjustable rear wing & KERS, plus the new Pirellis are
    meant to de grade quicker, so rewards the smoother driver.
    If they reduce the engine power, reduce the aeropackage and use grooved tyres there would be much more over taking - oh dear isn't that Formula Ford ?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast