Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Classic 2011, July 22-24

We really enjoyed last years event so will definately be coming along on Saturday and Sunday this year.

Well done Chris on encouraging Honda to support the club.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    Well done Chris & Honda.

Will the topiary be in the shape of NSX's?
    Maybe this one will do...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2840.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	8566

3. 11-02-2011, 02:10 PM

Reason
    not suitable in this thread

Latest news on the lineup for this years's Silverstone Classic...

ROCKING AND RACING AT THE 2011 SILVERSTONE CLASSIC

A star-studded line up of famous names will be topping the live music bill at this summer’s Silverstone Classic (22-24 July). As well as being firmly established as the world’s biggest classic motor racing festival, the Silverstone Classic is equally renowned for its live music entertainment, provided as an integral part of the show at no extra cost to all ticket holders.

Reflecting the magical on-track action starring many of the finest racing cars from motor sport’s golden eras, the live music performances provide festival-goers and classic car fans with an equally evocative step back in time.

On Friday evening Silverstone will rock to the celebrated sounds of the Rolling Stones, Bob Marley and Queen as three of the UK’s most acclaimed tribute bands roll back the years with sets featuring many of the best loved smash hits from the Sixties, Seventies & Eighties.

Then, on Saturday evening, the Silverstone stage will host live performances from a trio of rock and pop’s greatest names when legendary acts: Suzi Quatro, 10cc & Wishbone Ash take to the stage. Quatro had a string of hits in the Seventies and is widely credited as being a major role model for a host of raunchy female rockers. Wishbone Ash is hailed as one of the major innovators in the harmony twin lead guitar format and enjoyed huge critical success with albums such as Argus in the early Seventies. Art rock band 10cc also enjoyed major success in the same decade racking up no fewer than three number one hits. With three such celebrated live bands, it promises to be a memorable evening.

Sunday’s musical entertainment switches from live stadium rock to the more relaxing atmosphere of the 40-piece Amadeus Orchestra playing many crowd pleasing classical favourites. Along with promising young tenor Adriano Graziani and energetic electric string quartet Tetra Electra, the acclaimed Amadeus Orchestra will be performing as part of the innovative ‘Picnic in the Paddock’ attraction for a relaxed afternoon. Another newly created feature this year is the ‘village green’ entertainment area, which will host the recreation of many traditional British rural pursuits with steam engines, Punch & Judy shows plus a host of other magical memories from yesteryear.

Adding to the high octane festival atmosphere, camping is available for the very first time at the venue as well as in local campsites. The provision of on-site camping facilities is open to all Silverstone Classic Racing Club members.

“The Silverstone Classic just gets bigger and better,” enthused Event Director, Nick Wigley. “We have already announced a glittering array of races, special plans to mark the Jaguar E-Type’s 50th birthday, the return of Group C sportscars plus a host of other exciting attractions. Now we have a confirmed an equally stirring line-up of top class live music with bands and an orchestra that will really appeal to lovers of classic cars and family audiences. Over recent years the Silverstone Classic has developed into a true three-day festival with more and more people not wanting to miss all the action on offer. With so much great racing during the days plus great live bands performing in the evenings, it all adds up to a fantastic weekend at the country’s premier motor sport venue.”

Ticket sales are already more than 100 per cent up on last year with spectators taking full advantage of significant ‘Early Bird’ discounts available for those booking before the 31st March. For more information log onto www.SilverstoneClassic.com.

Book early - remember our NSX CB special discounts - prepare to luxuriate in our special Honda topiary !

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Maybe this one will do...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2840.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	8566
    Outside Williams GP factory?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Correct Ian.

7. Default

OMG Suzi QUATTRO ! (guess they are using 4 wheel drive to get her on stage )

I've bought my weekend (all 3 days) tickets. I'm not sure if I can make the Friday but plan to be there as much as possible.

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    I've bought my weekend (all 3 days) tickets. I'm not sure if I can make the Friday but plan to be there as much as possible.

Cheers

Mark
    That's the spirit Mark !

The more of us that book early, the more precious real estate we get granted in the ongoing inter car club landgrab tussle, so if you have plans to come along, buy your tickets now and help secure an extra few square metres of the hallowed Northamptonshire centre circuit turf !

Chris

Just waiting on responses from a couple of mates, and will book at the end of the week. Weekend ticket here too...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

gonna order soon using the group code ... will buy 2 and hope i can persuade Sudesh to be my co pilot!

defo gonna try and get to one group meet this year
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast