Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Silverstone Classic 2011, July 22-24

1. Default

Mike, thanks to all, not least of all yourself, for all the efforts that made Silverstone 2011 a real success. I will be writing a big 'thank you' note to HUK and TigerRed on our account, as I really felt that the hospitality arrangements were second to none this year

I hope everyone who turned up enjoyed this splendid and ever-growing event at least half as much as I did !

Chris

2. Default

Hi GUys,

Thanks to everyone!! It was a great day out for me and my son!

Apologies go out to Paul G, Ollie, Hagasan.......err...i admit that there 'services' at Bicester were almost non-existent!...and that it thankfully worked out at Cherwell valley Services...thanks to Steve!! - I guess it gives good precedents that I should really never organise anything otherwise things could go badly wrong!!

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks to all who organised a great event. We had a great time just wished we had spent a couple of days rather than just the Sunday. Events like this and Goodwood and Cholmondeley need a couple of days. Thanks again great taking to so many interesting people

Kingsley C5 TOY

Great weekend, and a big thankyou to all that made it a great stand. Roll on next year.

Cheers Ian and Sharon

great weekend, i'll be better prepared for the next one!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

A big thanks to all for the organisation......an excellent event despite the rain on Friday and the endless rain on our trip back from Ouisterham ferry terminal all the way home. Nice to meet you all.....apart from some too busy with their window winder mechanisms!

Cheers,
    Mathieu

1996 NSX-T Manual ex Honda press car
    2014 Jaguar F Type coupe 340 LHD (Now sold)
    1996 MG RV8...only 14K miles
    1977 Ronart W152 S6....sounds like half a spitfire!
    1966 Ford Mustang Coupe GT K code
    1963 Volvo P1800S...immaculate in black/red

Big thanks to Chris, Mike and of course HUK.

Good to meet some new faces too - Mathieu, great to meet you; Steve, sorry I didn't stop and chat for longer - story of the weekend I think.

I really think the SSC is becoming the best motorsport event in the UK - all the access of Goodwood without the pretention and the "us and them" (albeit there were a fair few young people wandering around trying to look posh/rich). Plus racing rather than just a quick blast-and-then-it's off up the hill...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Another brill weekend at Silverstone, thanks to Chris for all your efforts and sorting things with HUK.
    Hope you will stay in touch and I look forward to having a good look around your new 348C soon.
    Thanks to Mike for the refreshments and I guess it's up to you for next year[no pressure].

Best regards to all Martyn and Julie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silverstone classic 2011 001.JPG 
Views:	252 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	10010   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silverstone classic 2011 021.JPG 
Views:	246 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	10011  

Quote Originally Posted by matpp View Post
    A big thanks to all for the organisation......an excellent event despite the rain on Friday and the endless rain on our trip back from Ouisterham ferry terminal all the way home. Nice to meet you all.....apart from some too busy with their window winder mechanisms!

Cheers,
    Hi Mathieu,

I briefly spoke to you about your wheels as I got a spare set in silver....before I got stuck in the window winding regulator fixit task....nice to have met you albeit brief...I posted a pic of your car in the other thread.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819