Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: interior trim tweaks....

+1

Great work btw

And yes I have the leather pieces that Sudesh has discussed below. Excellent quality and better than OEM. Be sure to check ebay out for these bits n pieces. I have handbrake, gear lever gaitor, side steps installed.

Great thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Great work Jonathan! Very impressive, especially the steering wheel as those are hard to do.

On a side note, did you know that you can buy ready made arm rest, handbrake cover and if you have a manual car, gear gaiter, from the guys I worked with on ebay?

Also the door entry pads are available, all good prices and fantastic real nappa leather. I can still smell the leather in my car with just those small pieces and the quality is way above the OEM.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

And like Andrews choices, you can pick different stitch colors!
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

thanks for the praise!!! i've fitted an aftermarket steering wheel cover before (stretchy vinyl), but the first time with leather from scratch! i know the ebay bits, i had them as an emergency reserve if it all went pear shaped, but thought i'd give it a go after the gear knob went well!

not brave, just making it up as i go along, if it works then hurrah, if not have a back up plan!

my other xmas/winter project was a new stainless steel exhaust manifolds and exhaust system for the hot rod, from a pile of bends... not the best pic, but you get the idea (this was the easy side!!)....

Last edited by britlude; 03-01-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Great work ... when can I drop off my interior for handywork? ;o)
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Excellant job Jonathan! I can stiched up bits of clothes/repair small tears, not sure about leather! When you punched the holes in the leather, was it with a special needle and small hammer.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

the holes were punched with an old screw driver ground down to a pointy point ( if that makes sense!!!) the gear knob was punched before i started, using the originals as a pattern.

with the steering wheel i punched about 3 inches as i went along, allowing for some fine trimming where required. it was straight forward once i got going!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

7. Default

Nice job! You are both brave and talented!
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12