Thread: oem radio help please

Default oem radio help please

here is some basic info about the car--mine is a 94 Brookland green AT, car was all stock with ~12k km from the original owner since new... no mod whatsoever.

The radio work without any problem only except the illuminated button sometime not light-up, until recently the battery gone and I have to get in with the key instead of the remote, after new battery installed the radio just doesn't work, strange is when I turn on the lights, radio's button DO light up as usual, I checked the fuse under the dash for the radio, its ok, and I presume power to the radio is ok?!

So this is the case and any ideas appreciated, or should I pull out the radio for further checking???

Many thanks in advance and wish you all a happy new year!!!

Hi and hope you have a good new year.

Assuming nothing has blown, have you tried simply disconnecting the battery again, leave for a few mins and then reconnect?

Might sound like a stupid question but I assume you have pushed the on/off button?

The illumination of the buttons when you turn the lights on is a separate thing as power is not coming from the head unit alone.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Thanks for your reply Sudesh!

Will try disconnecting the battery again as suggested, as I don't want to pull out the radio unless its has to...

Thx!

Tried disconnect the battery for a few mins, no luck...seems like I have to pull out the radio?!