Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Busy week at the workshop

1. Default

Personally i like the tints, but it is of course personal preference.

I love the tints. Everyone under the age of 30 says tints are cool.

You all don't like tints cos your eyes aren't good enough to see out thru the tints !!

Quote Originally Posted by howellr View Post

You all don't like tints cos your eyes aren't good enough to see out thru the tints !!
    No,it is because every chavvy boy racer with an Impreza has them.
    I tell people that I've now done one decent thing in my life. Albeit inadvertently.
    Larry David

'92 Red/Black
    RS*R Exhaust, DC Headers, SuperDuper LeMans AirScooper, Dali Stealth OEM Airbox Mod: Fujita Filter, OEM 2002+ GOLD calipers + 2 piece race rotors . . . take a breath . . . and finally Nitron one way adjustable suspension!

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    No you don't James , you're just trying to be differant/contrary

Mark
    No, I know I'm often on the look out for a little conflict, but this time I'm being honest.
    I can't say that I don't enjoy winding up the "got to be standard or I can't handle it element, but in this case tinted rules and you dinosaurs need to get with the programme!! Damn can't resist it.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Personally, without sounding old, tints are not for me and also would have left the interior as it was or if I didn't like beige, then red like Pauls (NSX2000) would be cool!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    I can't say that I don't enjoy winding up the "got to be standard or I can't handle it element, but in this case tinted rules and you dinosaurs need to get with the programme!! Damn can't resist it.
    I've nothing against mod'ing per see but I just don't get tints, a.k.a Privacy glass, at all. At least not when your windows are already adequately and tastefully tinted in the first place. By the way even slight additional tinting will likely take the side windows of an NSX beyond the legal requirement of 70% visible light pass through threshold.

Unless of course you and/or you're passenger are REALLY ugly (making it Embarrassment glass?), in which case you're doing the rest of us a favour (This is just a fun jibe and not aimed at anyone or anything in particular)

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by howellr View Post

PMSL, very good, although i am well into my 40's, maybe this makes me cool and down with the kids

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    I've nothing against mod'ing per see but I just don't get tints, a.k.a Privacy glass, at all. At least not when your windows are already adequately and tastefully tinted in the first place. By the way even slight additional tinting will likely take the side windows of an NSX beyond the legal requirement of 70% visible light pass through threshold.

Unless of course you and/or you're passenger are REALLY ugly (making it Embarrassment glass?), in which case you're doing the rest of us a favour (This is just a fun jibe and not aimed at anyone or anything in particular)

Cheers

Mark
    As i stated Mark the tint used was lightest available anywhere so not that dark, but agree that it does possibly fall below minimum light level. I found no difficulty seeing through and didnt think they looked noticeably darker than standard.

And as for ugliness glass, our Mark is a damn fine looking chap, almost, dare i say, as good looking as myself.

I would consider tints for ONE very good reason ... Whilst out in my NSX I got constant glares, people slowing down looking in, being videoed or photographed. I hate this it makes me feel embarassed, its very off putting and depending on the punter can also be worrying!

Example when i was driving from Holyhead to the channel tunnel for my summer hols a car overtook me on the middle lane (as they would when your on the nearside!). it passed me, then the car slowed down and went level with me. next thing i see is the passenger with his video camera out FILMING the car! FFS! I was cracking up ... i hate that kind of attention, its MAD!

HOWEVER I am NOT allowed to tint my windows, as a certain person on these forums said he would never look after my car again!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

I too would like tints just to stop people staring at me.I tend to always drive with sunglasses on and pretend I can't see them.
    I feel so conspicuous driving it ,especially around towns.
    By nature,I am not the sort of person that likes to attract attention.
    I tell people that I've now done one decent thing in my life. Albeit inadvertently.
    Larry David

'92 Red/Black
    RS*R Exhaust, DC Headers, SuperDuper LeMans AirScooper, Dali Stealth OEM Airbox Mod: Fujita Filter, OEM 2002+ GOLD calipers + 2 piece race rotors . . . take a breath . . . and finally Nitron one way adjustable suspension!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast