Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Busy week at the workshop

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Part of modding is doing what the owner thinks is right, but I think would have followed Paul's lead on this one.
    +2. I gotta agree with Paul and Ary on this one.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    That "dated" gearknob" is a 2005 only item. Do you know just how expensive they are...and weighty to aid the gearshift? Best not to just loose it!!
    'fraid not.Here is the same gearknob on my 04
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP4576.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	7943  
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Thanks for posting the photos Andy, I'm very pleased with the work done. The HID lights really transform the look of the car, much more modern. The titanium gear knob feels fantastic and it givens the interior a little lift.

I did consider Recaro seats, but decided that the standard seats were comfortable and I love all the electric adjustments (as do the ladies). INHO if you fit Recaro's they need to be original Type R and we all know how much those cost. I hated the tan interior, and I've always liked black on black cars. The quality of the new leather is far superior to the standard car and it smells wonderful.

I think the silver calipers look better too, but do fancy a brake upgrade in the future, just not sure I want to spend any more money on the motor
    2005 3.2 litre NSX, Berlina Black

from Gordon Murray: The NSX’s development costs must have been enormous. Everything on it is unique. The chassis, powertrain, even the air conditioning are peerless. That aluminum body was very expensive. The numerous hurdles overcome by the NSX to reach production in areas such as spot welding, corrosion, and repairability make it a monumental work in automotive history.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Mmmm,

For me this is a bit of a difficult one. As an OEM and unique end of production NSX, I would have limited mods to reversible to OEM only. Like above, I actually quite liked the tan trim .....

So the decision was made to refinish the interior to give it a modern look ... so whats modern about a plain black leather interior? A 1990 NSX had a plain black leather interior ....
    Have to agree with this. Of course, it's fantastic that every owner will modify his car to meet his personal taste, and the quality of the work is fantastic...

...but come on, chucking that tan interior on a black car? YOU'VE JUST KILLED KITT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    'fraid not.Here is the same gearknob on my 04
    OK well, 04-05. I think it was only on the last cars as I've seen earlier facelifts with the standard one from day one....My point, not clearly put, was not to just "throw away" parts that quite rare, pricey and unique to the last of the line....

Car looks great Marky ... except for the tinting. Lose it as fast as humanly possible!

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Car looks great Marky ... except for the tinting. Lose it as fast as humanly possible!

Cheers

Mark
    Have to agree there, not a fan of the tinting. When I bought mine, the rear hatch was tinted and it was first to go.

If you want a very very small difference, then tint the interior bulk head window, its gives quite a nice contrast to the interior and engine compartment.

Like everyone views will be different and for me I really liked the tan, but also like the black. On your car though and based on keeping the OEM seats I probably would have went another direction and went with red and black, like the other Pauls 05/06 black facelift, just looks stunning and rich.

Other things I would have done,

Callipers in matt black
    OEM NSX-R gear knob and mesh boot
    NSX-R or NSX-R Style engine cover

If I had of went with the NSX-R seats or DF Replica NSX-R seats then

Alcantara interior and some more NSX-R goodies

But overall I like the car Mark and good work Andy!
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

thanks Sudesh. Agree, the tinted windows look nasty, spoke to Andy already and they will be put back to original. Easy job. I wanted Recaro's, but I also wanted to keep the car fairly original. By changing the interior to black I kept the car fairly original, but as the leather is much better quality, I think I've actually upgraded it. The whole interior is now covered in leather, even behind the seats. The mod that I am most pleased with is the HID lights, they look stunning. I had them fitted to my 993 and you can see what a difference they make. they make the car look a lot fresher and up to date. I'm really looking forward to a photo opporunity with Paul's black car
    2005 3.2 litre NSX, Berlina Black

from Gordon Murray: The NSX’s development costs must have been enormous. Everything on it is unique. The chassis, powertrain, even the air conditioning are peerless. That aluminum body was very expensive. The numerous hurdles overcome by the NSX to reach production in areas such as spot welding, corrosion, and repairability make it a monumental work in automotive history.

Really like the tinted windows. Perhaps not especially practical for uk weather, but look really stealth.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

No you don't James , you're just trying to be differant/contrary

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast