Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake Discs

Default Brake Discs

Bejeesus, these are proving expensive !!

Anyone have a pair of new, (or part worn but good condition) Rear Discs for a 1996 car that i could purchase? Partco can get em for just under £300 EACH. Dread to think what HUK will charge.
    Front discs also gratefully accepted - can collect.....

Anyone have any good ideas for suppliers ? At this price, the projected price for an AP Racing kit looks good value !!!

Cheers

Flinty

Jeremy

Try these:

http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/

£26.44 each

I've never used them but they look credible?
    Current toys= MV Agusta Brutale, BMW K1200s, Mini cooper SD, Jaguar XF, Ex S2000 owner
    91 NSX Owner between 16 July 05 and 18 Feb 2011

Default Cheap but worth a try ?

Thanks Nick.

There must be a catch - but for that price, it's intriguing. Front and back vented/drilled discs are about £60 each. They are outa stock, but i will await the e-mail back.

I'm not keen to mess about with inferior brake prod's, but even if they're not as good as HUK parts, it's worth a try at that price. Will keep the original parts handy just in case.

Anyone tried these guys before ?

Default brake discs

I have not needed to change mine yet but when/ if i do i will getb them from Ralley Design, www.raldes.co.uk do them. I have used them for my race car brakes in the past and the products i used worked well.

What i liked is that the parts are branded so you know where they are from.

Which reminds me i need to send Duncan some part numbers!!

Default discs

Second that.

I use Rally Design discs and pads sometimes, around £100 a pair.

As long as you're not tracking the car they will as good as originals.

Default Brake Discs

Thanks for the tips - may well go to RalDes.

You mention branded parts from Raldes- they only seem to do 'MaxTorq' - who ever they are and Wilwood (i know who they are). Which one's have you guys used in the past ?

Looking at the MaxTorq- they are reasonably priced - any tips on going for Drilled (look nice) or grooved and drilled (look nice & supposedly the best for track). Or should i stick to plain old shiny steel ?

Thanks again for tips.

Flinty

Drilled is not recommended on the track. Slotted is fine.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Default Brake discs

Thanks for the tips.

Decided to opt for Black Diamond grooved (and drilled) discs. I don't do regular track work, so went for the best looking disc (sad i know) whilst following performance recommendation on this forum. They look excellent.

Replaced all four discs, new pads and had the calipers cleaned and re-painted black with white NSX lettering. Parts £368 discs and @£70 OE pads from Partco, with labour to fit £249 - local trusted garage.

Breaking performance not yet properly assessed until they're run in, but initial signs are good - immediately have more 'every day' stopping power and soooo nice not to have the wobble under hard breaking. Yep i warped em on one of those late summer leisurely drives.

I accept humbly, not quite up to the AP Racing kit posted on this site....!

If anyone's on a budget and considering new discs without spending serious money, I recommend the BD option. Certainly more cost effective than HondaUK.

Flinty

I am considering the black diamond option also.

The Honda discs are warped and I have black diamond on the Prelude.

Have got some type R pads though, not sure whether to use them or not ??

10. Default

I use Black Diamond - I'm on my second set on the NSX

details as posted in another thread here
    Darren Ferneyhough

http://today.nsedreams.com
    Working with a growing team improving health, wealth & prosperity.
    If you know someone that wants or needs to improve any of these
    areas please connect them with me via my LinkedIn profile above

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast