Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senna and NSX

Default Senna and NSX

Who thinks they can drive their NSX this fast then?

here
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Always love watching that clip. Senna's use of the throttle mid corner goes totally against what any instructor would tell you, yet obviously worked for him, and was no different to what he did in an F1 car.

BTW, this clip was on a DVD that was made available to NSXCB members through this board sometime ago.

Have you got any more information about the DVD, and if it is still available?

Cheers,
    Martin

Mr Cool or what even drives in loafers 8)
    Current toys= MV Agusta Brutale, BMW K1200s, Mini cooper SD, Jaguar XF, Ex S2000 owner
    91 NSX Owner between 16 July 05 and 18 Feb 2011

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by khalid
    Hey Kevin...exelent driving, im impressed.U really got ur pedal to the metal!Wat was the highrst speed u went, i couldnt quite tell.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Sorry khalid - you obviously missed the great, late Senna (name checked in the thread title). One of (arguably THE) greatest drivers ever.

It isn't Kevin in the video, though if I were him, I would be rather chuffed at the huge compliment he has just been paid!! :wink:

Default Senna

Would that be a standard early 5speed 3.0 R that he's driving?

I don't know how an NSX can climb from an indicated 140 to 160 at the speed his car was accelerating. He was the best but even then I can't imagine a standard early Type R could top out that quickly and readily?

I'd love to get this on DVD if anyones knows where?

7. Default Re: Khalid

O rite!Sorry i didnt realise.Do u think u can drive like that?
    Dude - NO ONE can drive like that.

He was the greatest driver ever.

Hehe someone asked me once if my car was an Honda Senna !!
    1997 NSX - Manual Pearlescent Yellow
    Ayrton Senna perfected.

8. Default Re: Khalid

O rite!Sorry i didnt realise.Do u think u can drive like that?
    :lol: Bless.

Default Re: Senna

Quote Originally Posted by modarr
    Would that be a standard early 5speed 3.0 R that he's driving?

I don't know how an NSX can climb from an indicated 140 to 160 at the speed his car was accelerating. He was the best but even then I can't imagine a standard early Type R could top out that quickly and readily?

I'd love to get this on DVD if anyones knows where?
    Lets not forget that the NA-1 type R is a Japan only model,therefor the speedo would read in KPH not MPH.Then it starts to make sense.

Senna was SIMPLY the BEST - still miss him!
    Like the logo on the rear glass of your car glenlewis - would like to do the same instead of current 2 Mills logo which is well stuck to the glass now :x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast