Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nsx-r

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    Maybe they improved it on the later models, but mine is fine. I have had it flashing away at ~90mph at WOT throttle coming onto the main straight at Vmax and it has been very subtle
    Can somebody please tell me what this means? I have seen it used a few times now and have no idea?
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

2. Default

Wide Open Throttle.

So who is actually selling the car?
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    Maybe they improved it on the later models, but mine is fine. I have had it flashing away at ~90mph at WOT throttle coming onto the main straight at Vmax and it has been very subtle
    I think it was much improved on the DBW (Drive By Wire) cars and the software for DBW/TCS system was improved a few times over the years. It doesn't seem to be possible to update early DBW cars with the later, better software code though.

I can't say I've ever notice that I've triggered TCS on the public road but on circuit it works well on my car. For example accelerating hard in 3rd gear around Club Corner at Silverstone my car is nice and stable with the TCS light flashing away without seeming to hurt forward progress.

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    I think it was much improved on the DBW (Drive By Wire) cars and the software for DBW/TCS system was improved a few times over the years. It doesn't seem to be possible to update early DBW cars with the later, better software code though.

I can't say I've ever notice that I've triggered TCS on the public road but on circuit it works well on my car. For example accelerating hard in 3rd gear around Club Corner at Silverstone my car is nice and stable with the TCS light flashing away without seeming to hurt forward progress.

Cheers

Mark
    I can't remember if the guy switched the TCS off or not,but i remember the back end coming round quite happily on your car when i took it for a test drive years ago(i was in the passenger seat at the time)
    We were on a roundabout and he gunned it,and the car did i nice little drift.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I can't remember if the guy switched the TCS off or not,but i remember the back end coming round quite happily on your car when i took it for a test drive years ago(i was in the passenger seat at the time)
    We were on a roundabout and he gunned it,and the car did i nice little drift.
    No doubt it can be done using a low gear and a tight turn but I've not experienced it on the public road yet myself. I'm constantly amazed at the traction the car finds, with the proviso that the tyres are warm.

At Bedford Autodrome the first corner is a sharp'ish left that opens out at it's exit, similar but a bit slower than Club corner at Silverstone, except that's a right hander. On cold tyres straight out of the pit exit I've had the whole car slithering Once the tyres are up to temperature the same turn has the TCS blinking away on the exit, using 2nd or 3rd gear depending on your mood, in a similar way.

Cheers

Mark

6. Default

Is the car still for sale, and is it from the original owner? If so, hasn't it been for sale for the best part of a year?
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Fenn View Post
    Is the car still for sale, and is it from the original owner? If so, hasn't it been for sale for the best part of a year?
    Sold. New owner is now a member on here.

8. Default

Id be having the steering wheel out for an R replica for sure....spoils it.
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Sold. New owner is now a member on here.
    Cool, and a warm welcome to the lucky new owner.

Now get it down to TDI (no other dyno will do) and confirm or bust the engine power myth

Cheers

Mark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123