Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Lurkers

Well I certailnly don't think we can be called lurkers, especially given that when we go to meets and I introduce myself I get "Oh so you're Dragonlady! I have seen your posts"

2. Default

any nsx meeting happening in the nort west or yorks area in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by sunday driver View Post
    So far this year I have travelled 35 miles in my NSX- this is when I took it for its annual service and then put it back in the garage. This is definitely the worst way to treat the car. Im sure I see little tears coming out of the headlights when I open the garage door!
    You often see dog-walking services advertised in the paper. Maybe someone should start a car-driving service for idiots like me who havent left themselves enough time in their lives to enjoy their cars.
    Failing that, maybe I should sell it to someone who will do more than just keep it clean and cosy.
    Brilliant idea - that is a job I could really enjoy!

4. Default

I still lurk after selling Y1. I thought I would be back by now (4 years) but just can't bring myself to sell my Atom, being an British car with *** reliability. i'm off to the factory this weekend to join in the 10th anniversary celebrations.
    Stay off the kerbs at Eau Rouge!!

Hi Richie!

Pleased to hear you are still enjoying the Atom.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Ariel Atom = the only car I want more than an NSX.

I got to have some time in an Atom on a track. Absolutely blew me away.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by nsx_vtec View Post
    any nsx meeting happening in the nort west or yorks area in the near future?
    If you organise it, we will come with NSX's .....

The recent Essex/Suffolk run had owners travelling an hour (or a little more) to get to the meeting point. We then did an 80-90 mile drive out before finishing for brekkie by 9am. When I go to the Basingstoke meets, its a 90 min drive just to get there...

Find / develop a route for a good drive on good roads and owners will be there.

If you wait for someone else to organise a run then you could be waiting a while, nothing personal, just the way it is.

Hope to see you soon, and as they are forecasating a late indian summer for September, there's no better time to get started!!

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

8. Default

Hi Ian, good to see you still have one of the best NSX out there. I really must try to make one of the Basingstoke meets in the future. I know I would be welcome, even without an NSX.
    Stay off the kerbs at Eau Rouge!!

9. Default

Not a big talker, especially this summer. My loyalties have been split by the acquisition of a 2004 Legacy GT import. Faster to 70 than the NSX and much faster in the rain. (As I am not M Schumacher) Now with a new cambelt for the NSX thanks to Worldwide Motors and Johnsons MK I can at least rev to 8K without fear. I anyone else going to Kop Hill later in September...nice low key hill climb event in Princes Risborough Bucks?

10. Default

Lurked after the initial burst of posts, wifey not keen on the looks...so started looking at 996 turbos, then realised that in the flesh stock 996 turbos didn't do it for me visually, I needed it in a GT2 format! Then, ofcourse I want to be different, and want it in white rather then the boring old silver....added up the pennies and realise if I bought a standard 996 turbo and did the things I want, it would cripple me financially (especially from a resale POV)

Also, after reading many porsche forums, not sure I want to be known as Porsche owner....

Veered off to looking at F355, but after research the costs are truly eye watering in my opinion, yes there are people who have bought the car and ran it with little costs, but I get the feeling that those are in the minority, and whilst I love the way it looks, it doesn't outshine the NSX to me.

So, now I am back on the NSX forum again - looking....

I've convinced the wife to the NSX, by telling her it's more economical and more reliable!!! Despite her still thinking it looks dated (the NA1) I quite like the pop up lights.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast