Thread: 02> Taillights to >02 JDM taillights

Default 02> Taillights to >02 JDM taillights

Hi folks.

As you may know I'm on the hunt for a set of the darker pre 2002 taillights.

Does anyone know if the pre 2002 JDM lights will work without modification on my post 2002 NSX?

I know the UK post 02 cars have extra bulbs compared to the pre 02 UK cars.

I prefer the JDM lights as have double filament bulbs all the way across that gives the full stop and tail beam.

Will it just be plug and play?

Will I have to use my old bulbs and harnesses?

Yes it will fit and wiring should not be an issue other than your fog light will be clear [reverse light]
    As my car is JDM I just pop in a red bulb to get it through MOT

JDM cars dont have a double filament in all 3 sockets for brake/tail, one is just a small spade type bulb from memory, its the one closest to the reverse lights.

Quote Originally Posted by gcon45 View Post
    Hi folks.

As you may know I'm on the hunt for a set of the darker pre 2002 taillights.

Does anyone know if the pre 2002 JDM lights will work without modification on my post 2002 NSX?

I know the UK post 02 cars have extra bulbs compared to the pre 02 UK cars.

I prefer the JDM lights as have double filament bulbs all the way across that gives the full stop and tail beam.

Will it just be plug and play?

Will I have to use my old bulbs and harnesses?
    Last edited by Sudesh; 24-08-2010 at 09:42 PM.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Hi again Sudesh.

I've read that the JDM has 2 brake lights each side, and 3 tails.

Is this not true?

Yeah thats correct! maybe picking up on your comment wrong as I thought you meant they had double filament in all three sockets.

Your welcome to call to mine some evening and swap my lights out for yours and have a look at what you think? pre-facelift lights are darker as standard to facelift anyway so you may not need to tint too much if you decide to go that route.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Thanks for that Sudesh.

When you say you pop a red bulb into your reverse light for mot as a fog lamp, does that mean you put the car into reverse when he asks you to turn on your fog or do you have it wired to a fog switch

lol! Come on now, thought you have know by now that's not my style lol

No I have a little mod I done to my car and Andrews that allows us to retain the dual reverse [as personally I think it looks better] but when needed we can flick the system over so its like a UK car and have one reverse and one fog on a switch.

As your already pre-wired as a fog then all you need to add is a red bulb, but if for the JDM look and you wanted to have dual reverse, then I could wire your setup basically in an opposite version to ours. If that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by gcon45 View Post
    Thanks for that Sudesh.

When you say you pop a red bulb into your reverse light for mot as a fog lamp, does that mean you put the car into reverse when he asks you to turn on your fog or do you have it wired to a fog switch
    Last edited by Sudesh; 24-08-2010 at 10:20 PM.

Shame on me. I should have thought as much!