Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slightly better pictures

The mild steel bit 'tis true! Un/fortunately Honda designs really superb exhaust pipes.

Problem is, I usually don't like the sound of rice pipes. I recently had that quandary with the Prelude and after a long wait, got another OEM. That's depite my recnt trip (in the NSX) to Mugen UK. A Mugen gun for the 'Lude is also about £1300, which was offputting. Although they are lovely to look at.

Actually, I did run it with a Graves Engineering tuna exhaust for a few weeks...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Actually, I did run it with a Graves Engineering tuna exhaust for a few weeks...
    That sounds a little fishy...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

I did wash it first. And the tuna tin.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Un/fortunately Honda designs really superb exhaust pipes.
    They made an exception with the NSX then

Look at this Prime thread for a glimpse of the nastiness that lurks within... http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...xhaust+cutaway

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

It's very ordinary for the cost of the car.

But as with the 'Lude Red Top and the S2000, aftermarket tuners have a great deal of difficulty finding more useable power.

The biggest offence with the early NSXs, the black top 'Ludes and the Civic VTi was the use of a nasty cast-iron plenum and the substitution of a proper four-branch manifold makes a world of difference.
    Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12