As mentioned before, my ABS pump was cycling on a regular basis (if you can call 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off regular) so it was time to give it an overhaul.

I'd already carried out the ABS exercising, ABS fluid change, ABS solenoid flush, and the ABS 'why is it still running??' swear at it. The first three had some, although temporary effect, and the latter no effect apart from amusing the girlfriend!!!

so more effective measured were needed. When I last flushed the fluid, i measured the fluid when I released the accumulator pressure, and I had over 150ml come out.. a sign the accumulator has lost some oomph, not surprising as it's 18yrs old! it would also account for the pump firing as soon as the ABS is activated...

I haven't got the official bleed tool, but with a 9mm 12point deep ring spanner and some tube, and being very careful, the same result can be had....

you should all recognise this...

the secret spanner....

pressure released (i had a tube fitted to the bleed nipple, AND released the spanner VERY GENTLY!) and the fluid collected gave me over the 100-150ml 'normal' accumulator capacity.. hence i had ordered a new accumulator assembly...