Thread: Crank Pulley.

1. Default Crank Pulley.

Can someone please confirm.

What varients are there in the crank pulley from different markets and models.

e.g. Manual - Auto i believe these are different cranks.

91 - 2005/ NA1 - NA2 Are the pulleys the same through the years? 3.0 to 3.2?

Uk and US markets? are they the same pulley?

I have been asked to measure the snout, see below.

His snout measured 1.1012". You must first measure the snout on your crank and make sure it is with in .0003-.0004"

In other words, one customers original crank snout was 1.1012" I need to make sure mine is the same or within .0003-.0004" I don't even have the tools to measure to that tolerance and doubt many would.

I just need to know would mine be the same?

I do know the car in question was a 3.0 US model and not sure on the rest of the detail if it was a Manual or Auto.

Am i correct in thinking that when they refer to snout this is the end of the crank? which the pulley fixes to?

If it is then surely if it's a 3.0 the crank will be exactly the same from Manual to Auto.

And surely all Cranks would be exactly the same made to a high tolerance in size other wise everyone ever buying a OEM pulley would need to measure and have custom pulleys made.

I believe they are all the same between different countries and the years.

1991 to 2005 Manual cars have the same part number, so pulley is the same.

Autos have a different part number for the pulley so they are different, the bolt is also different on autos.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Not sure what other differences there are but as mentioned the auto and manual are different.
    The crank pulley tool required to change the auto is 50mm and the manual 45mm across the bolt recess.
    With regard to measuring within 0.0004" that sounds crazy. 0.040" is approx 1mm from memory.
    Maybe best to get the vin number from the chassis and look at the Acura parts warehouse online to get the exact match.
    Last edited by NSXGB; 06-08-2010 at 12:26 PM.