Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP: NSX-R pics red

Luke,

It's not that the mirrors are too 'black' IMO, its because the car needs to be visually balanced.

Black roof and mirrors (on a light body color (added before some smarty pants says they look OK on their black car)), needs to be balanced with more 'black'. Look at Simon's NSXGB silver example, car looked good when he painted the mirrors, but looked balanced once he added the rear R-style spoiler in black.

Your car has black rims at present IIRC. I'm not a black wheels fan. I think you would need to lighten the wheel color if you go with the above changes. OEM silver would obviously work, but maybe the Washi Grey finish that was a JDM option for the R as you are moving into the R look for your NSX?

All the best,

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1000 b.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	7398  
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Black mirrors and that'd be perfect.

4. Default

As always great pics Sudesh, thanks

I agree with Paul ref balance - If it's just the roof and mirrors then the mirrors look too much and look a bit out of place. If the R spoiler were put on in black then it would hhelp address the balance. With the black wheels I think the red black feel will be tied in all of the way down the car... I'm just not that keen on the current flat black on the wheels so some black derivative may be a good shout.

Thanks for all of your inputs guys, I'll post some pics of the finished article when I've decided what to do.

Luke
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

5. Default

One last comment about Sudesh's pics... I think the white wheels on the R pics look good because the white is tied in with teh R headlights. Otherwsie I think it would look out of place. Generally on a red car I'm not sure white works... the OEM colour of the DC2 ITR wheels for the red cars maybe where I end up.

Cheers,

Luke
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

I think thats a type-S!
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Quote Originally Posted by gumball View Post
    Black mirrors and that'd be perfect.
    Revert to pop-up headlamps and loose the silly hole in the bonnet and it'd be perfect'er

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Revert to pop-up headlamps and loose the silly hole in the bonnet and it'd be perfect'er

Mark
    Yes I should add the caveat: perfect, for a late car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast