Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 02 LBB on Pistonheads

"Unseemly"

Great expression and perfectly apt!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by rocco1 View Post
    So as ive mentioned before im trying to get my hands on a NSX R...
    Just to egg you on Tony, we've heard this soooo many times before. Make sure you go through with it or you will be ridiculed here

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    I honestly dont see the reason in doing this, both are different cars in their own right specifically colour, mileage, price etc ... each car will have merits for different buyers and if individuals are keen on both then they will go to look at both.

Having them advertised at the same time on PH's should not cause hassle and in my opinion provides the potential buyer more choice, and the people who use PH know what they want generally ... perhaps this is something to thing about with likes of autotrader etc
    I agree with the seller/s here. It's simple really, less choice means less bargaining power for the buyer. Let's face it we'd all try the "there's another one I'm looking at that's a bit cheaper/newer/better" line, why give them the option if you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    This all seems a bit weird to me too, Nobby. You see the same with other cars & houses, where they're always for sale, but never seem to sell.
    Indeed you do. I think these people are either pure speculators or attention seekers.

I can understand the former, after all EVERYTHING is for sale at a price but the latter is plain weird. What sort of person actually wants people coming round viewing their car or house when you have no real intention of selling??? Maybe they have no friends or just like to show off their stuff to strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    "Unseemly"

Great expression and perfectly apt!
    Quite so old chap. We can't accept that sort of ungentlemanly conduct around these hollowed forums. I'll wager that the bounder occasionally leaves the house without wearing a necktie and rarely doff's his hat to ladyfolk

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by markc; 22-06-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
    The older I get, the faster I was

3. Default

I want to make it clear i will buy a NSX R if i can find what im looking for,ive been promised by a very close friend that his man is 100% confidant,that his agent has a NSX R with 300klms and would cost around 115/120k on the road in the UK.The only problem is there is a third party involved who we dont know and too much money to lose,but saying that it worked ok in the past with the Skyline R35.And if it dosent pull off then i will still have the one ive got,as i have founds to buy before i sell.

Genuine 300klm NSX-R for £115/£120k on the road! Thats a bargain, get it bought. Is it white?

I want to make it clear i will buy a NSX R if i can find what im looking for,ive been promised by a very close friend that his man is 100% confidant,that his agent has a NSX R with 300klms and would cost around 115/120k on the road in the UK.The only problem is there is a third party involved who we dont know and too much money to lose,but saying that it worked ok in the past with the Skyline R35.And if it dosent pull off then i will still have the one ive got,as i have founds to buy before i sell.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Genuine 300klm NSX-R for £115/£120k on the road! Thats a bargain, get it bought. Is it white?
    Yes its white,just have to wait till next week beforte i hear any more.I know its a bargin,may be too much of a bargin.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    I tend to agree that all this 'on-off-on-off-the-market' stuff is odd....unseemly even.

As a prospective buyer watching the market (as I suspect purchasers of NSX's do more than just about any other model because of their scarcity) I would find it very off-putting, doing neither car any favours.
    Concur. Mind you, if they want one, they have to like it or lump it!
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

7. Default

Yes its white,just have to wait till next week beforte i hear any more.I know its a bargin,may be too much of a bargin.
    About time some NSXs came back over here, buy a few and reset the balance!

If you can land it then it will be far more special than any old porka - one of only two in the country. Silly question, but with that mileage how much would you drive it?

L*
    2004 54 red/red manual

Quote autocar Nov 2005

8. Default

If all goes to plan then then 2/3k the first year then maybe 1500miles a year as i will no doudt be dreaming of getting the Scud 16M.

Wink

hope you get it mate, and its as fresh as you have been led to believe. be great to get another one into the country. would defo be great to see one in the flesh (so to speak), defo make a journey to any meets next year if all goes to plan

ohh BTW ... just drive the fecking thing when you do get it!

10. Default

Keep the milage low and sell to me when you get the scud lol
    2004 54 red/red manual

Quote autocar Nov 2005

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast