Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ground Clearance

Unregistered Guest

What about trying 17" alloys up front to raise it a touch?

You'll struggle to find OEM 17's but there are other options, in fact I believe a couple of members have a spare set of volks which they'd consider selling.

I bet you scrape on the steeper bit between the concret and the floor of your garage.If you had this part resculpted 10-12"'s further back it looks like it would reduce the slope to the same angle as the council tarmac. I'd go down this route if you want OEM wheels as it would be a lot cheaper than replacement suspension. If the problem is getting onto the kerb then try leaving some chocs of wood there... unless you live in a really pikey area I'm sure they'll stay put.

Well done for taking the plunge when doubts were floating, you only live once!

L*

Quote Originally Posted by jpspringall View Post
    It's funny that you mention someone close to me, as i suspect that if you are near Royston you probably arent that far from as i'm in Cambridge. There is apparently a yellow NSX kicking round these parts, but i dont think the owner is on here

James
    The yellow facelift NSX around Cambridge belongs to a consultant cardiologist with an ECG 1 number plate...He's not a member here.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

3. Default

@Guest

I actually have 2 issues. The first the cement lip at the start of car port.....This is solved by having no more £30 of petrol in the car at anyone time. Which is a bit of a pain but doable.

The second issue is when the front the car of car hits the camber on the road, i scrape the plastic spoiler. I did try the wooden blocks idea, but it didnt make difference, possibly because i'd put them in the wrong place. Though i had to give up on the idea, as one of my 'socially conscious' neighbours complained to the council, so i got asked to remove them.

Though i've bitten the bullet and got a bloke coming round to see what can be done.

I'm keeping the idea of 17s on the front as a back as it would then class the car as modified and plays havoc with the insurance. One thing i had though in the post about tyres was the possiblity of putting higher profile tyres on the front to give me some more ground clearance. Though i'm not sure if this holds any water or not.

@Silver Surfer

Well it's could see the NHS money is being well spent. Ironically i had a run with a cardiologist at Addenbrookes a year or so ago, no idea if it was the same bloke though

James

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567