Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very hard goodbye...

Unhappy Very hard goodbye...

Dear All,

It was with a very heavy heart I watched my NSX drive away with it's new owner this afternoon. Once I feel a bit better about it I will write about the 4 years, 11 months and 54,000 miles I had her for. I know it has gone to a very good home and I'm sure the new owner will pop along later when he's home and has gotten the smile off his face!

I always knew today would be hard if it ever came, although I never thought it would be so hard letting a big chunk of aluminium leave my life. I'm sure becoming a Dad will fill the void and then some come the end of September!

Cheers,

Matt.
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Sorry to hear that Matt, but you got more use out of her in 5 years than half the people get on here in a lifetime, so I'm sure you've got some great memories.

...and if it's any consolation, from seeing friends with babies/youngsters, you wouldn't have had a huge amount of time to enjoy the NSX post-Sept anyway (to quote my best friend: "your priorities and your outlook change completely")...it's one thing that's crossing my mind as we hope to be in your position in the next year or two...

All the best for September, and maybe post a photo up of your new arrival then???

Martin
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Hi Matt,

So the deed was done

Its sad times now, but I think becoming a Dad will ease the pain. Hopefully you'll be back at a later date with another NSX?
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

The NSX may be off to a new caring and knowledgeable keeper but I'm sure you'll be able to keep tabs on it.

All the very best to you and Donna for September my friend!

Regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Matt, sorry to hear that mate. I'm sure those 54K miles were unforgettable.

I want to wish you & your soon to be extended family all the very best for September & the future.

Keep in touch.

James
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

6. Default

It's the person, not the car.

Best wishes, Matt.

7. Default Hi Matt

Hey mate...for the short time I have known you...and being one of the local midlanders....it will be sad to see you go

I wish you all the very best to you and your family...and hopefully see you at the events or maybe the NEC..if your exhibiting!!

Take care mate

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietOne View Post
    I'm sure becoming a Dad will fill the void and then some come the end of September!
    It's the best feeling ever

Congratulations, there'll always be the chance of another NSX in the future, grasp fatherhood like it's your new NSX as the feeling will be better than chasing a Gallardo down the M40.

So.............. who's going to organise the first Father and baby estate car meet
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

9. Default

Tis a sad day in the world of NSX :o(

I'll get you insured on mine in August and you can look after it for me when I'm off on my travels It'll be in safer hands than if I left it in my garage!

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Smile

Thanks guys, a day at work has put it in perspective slightly. Not much moping allowed - various comments about it only being a car etc...

An evening of snooker, football and Whisky with a certain tall club member later and a red NSX on the drive once more will keep me smiling.
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast