Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear...

1. Default Oh dear...

They say, where there's smoke...

Fortunately, the damage is fairly superficial, but replacing the custom loom will be a bit pricey! We're not going to rush the rebuild, instead we'll build two engines so we have an alternative for next time.

Essentially we had oil surge in practice, but it was at the top of the engine so not something we could fix easily. It was bodged by blocking the breather that was allowing the oil out. As the photos show, it found another route when it came to the race!

It looks like a it's down to a flaw in the engine's design...we're hoping the engine builder can come up with an idea so it doesn't happen again!

'02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

Oh shame!

(But spectacular!!!)

Sorry to hear about this set-back Rob.

Hope you are up and running (with potential for a repeat performance mitigated) soon.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

m666 edd Guest

Hope it's not too hard to sort out.

On the positive side you got some nice action photos of it lol.

Its times like this you dont want the old NSX drivers door handle fault to occur also. Maybe an automated extinguisher is in order.

Oh sugar! I hope you can get this sorted, she has so much potential, damn teething problems.

Sorry to hear this Rob, it could have been alot worse and at least you are ok and its repairable.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

7. Default

Thanks guys...the car will be back, and better than ever. The big pain in the arse is that we had scheduled time for setup which the car desperately needs, and now we'll have to wait again! This season will just have to be written off as development.

Still, it's a story to tell down the pub!

8. Default

Sorry to see this Rob and hope the problem is rectified soon, those photo's just prove it goes like a rocket , now I know what those holes in the back are for, no wonder no one got too close to you at Castle Combe.

A belated thanks to you and your team for a sterling effort at CC and raising some much needed funds for your chosen charity,

Ian

Just seen this! Wow thats some flame, hope its not too bad Rob. Funny I mentioned my bump & run which annoyed me, then Amo had a bump and you have a rear scorching!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Fenn View Post
    Thanks guys...the car will be back, and better than ever. The big pain in the arse is that we had scheduled time for setup which the car desperately needs, and now we'll have to wait again! This season will just have to be written off as development.

Still, it's a story to tell down the pub!
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

10. Default

Yeah, not good! I post on another forum and there were two other thread were a car was on fire... weird!

Posted on Prime but no sign of it being an inherent problem yet. Will await wait the engine builder says.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast