Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with an idea - fabricate a front-boot

1. Default

u thought about using the parcel shelf???? under the glass? Ok no rear view but doable
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man View Post
    u thought about using the parcel shelf???? under the glass? Ok no rear view but doable
    Hi Dan,

Interesting idea, but it would probably cook anything under there, plus would lose rear-view for the whole journey down and back. I did have the same thought very briefly to start with, but was quickly dismissed.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

3. Default

My brother and I I managed 2 weeks camping during our euro road trip. Plates, pots, stove, tent, stools, sleeping bags, bedrolls, and walking gear.

It's a case of adapting the way you pack the car. Pack it like a rucsac and you can fit in a remarkable amount of kit. The space behind the seats is very generous unless you're a giant.

I have two soft bags designed for the rear deck of my MX5 that fit nicely behind my seat. 2 bed rolls unrolled fitted behind the passenger one. I think the sleeping bags went in there too. Cool bag went in the passenger footwell.

Camping on the Stelvio Pass

Austria

Camping amongst relic foxholes just above Foy (Bastogne - site of the Battle of the Bulge)

Was an awesome trip

Best of luck with yours, I'll be interested to see how the front boot comes off. I've wondered about using the space as well. At the moment all I keep there is the tyreweld.
    Last edited by sassthathoopie; 29-05-2010 at 04:29 PM.
    1991 Manual NSX Red/Black
    1992 Mazda Eunos Roadster V-Spec Black/Tan

Did you get anywhere with this in the end Havoc? I'm looking to do the same, need to fit 2 months worth in the car....though I was thinking of just using bungee cords and rope to keep the box in place rather than needing to remove the spare wheel holder and drill something...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    I can't see how a roof box would be secured to the roof especially as the gap is so tight between the door glass and the roof line. Plus I can't imagine an option was available for a supercar?
    Roof boxes...on an NSX...whatever next....tow bars and Caravans???
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

7. Default

Just a thought. How about something like a drum case. Similar diameter to the spare wheel. Then fabricate fixing device in same area as removed spare. Or any case for that matter that is similarly sized to spare.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dru...D7%3B430%3B519

I think drum cases will generally be too wide to fit in, I do have a bike pannier which is waterproof obviously so might give that a go.

Steve YHM by the way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wi51js.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	11744

Just in case anyone's interested, the bike pannier bag fit quite well, its close to the radiator fan (touching in fact) but the fan itself doesn't foul the bag so I think it'll be ok. Obviously there's less airflow going around now but can't see that being a problem?

I wonder if there will be any heat issues? Just thinking when we get the odd bit of sunshine in the Summer &
    there is no air circulating around?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast