Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of my NSX

I'm not a fan of black wheels on red cars personally. I'm surprised if you are going for the Type'R look you are not getting a set of whiteType'R rims? :shock:
    Agree with Paul, it will look superb with the bonnet done.

Can't say I'm a fan of the black wheels either. They don't look good on any car in my opinion.

Like others have said the Oem wheels are the way to go due to correct off set, diameters etc plus the fact that they look good also. Type R wheels would look very good if you can source them !

Regards

Pete.
    91 Honda Nsx
    90 VW Golf 16v (Track Hack)

Why source them! Just paint the OEM wheels white.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Type R wheels would look very good if you can source them !

Regards

Pete.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Rocco, car looks great & I do like the black OZ Superleggera wheels alot. Black alloys can look great, especially if its in contrast to a lighter body colour IMHO.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Why source them! Just paint the OEM wheels white.
    Thats exactlly what I would personally do, but I beleive that genuine Type R parts rightly on wrongly hold more kudos in the nsx community. That's possibly the reason why most of us choose to stay close to OEM as possible.

Now when am I eventually going to fit that Type R replica engine cover and genuine expansion bottle condom sat in the garage?
    91 Honda Nsx

Blimey mate you must have had that cover two years! :-)

Thats exactlly what I would personally do, but I beleive that genuine Type R parts rightly on wrongly hold more kudos in the nsx community. That's possibly the reason why most of us choose to stay close to OEM as possible.

Now when am I eventually going to fit that Type R replica engine cover and genuine expansion bottle condom sat in the garage?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Blimey mate you must have had that cover two years! :-)
    Plus the SOS door handles sat in my wardrobe for the last 3 years !
    91 Honda Nsx

Like others have said the Oem wheels are the way to go due to correct off set, diameters etc plus the fact that they look good also. Type R wheels would look very good if you can source them !
    IMHO even the >02 wheels look a little lost in the arches, they need another 15mm-20mm offset to properly fill them.

Those Superleggera's do it nicely on the rear but go too far (out) on the front. A 17x7.5 rim with 35mm offset might work better.

As Kaz confirmed in an earlier thread the NSX-R wheels are almost identical (same casting etc) as the standard >02 wheels save for some edge cleaning/polishing and some white paint.

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    As Kaz confirmed in an earlier thread the NSX-R wheels are almost identical (same casting etc) as the standard >02 wheels save for some edge cleaning/polishing and some white paint.

Cheers

Mark
    And yet people will still happily pay strong money for "genuine" Type R wheels.

Regards

Pete.
    91 Honda Nsx

m666 edd Guest

I must admit the spokes on my wheels do look quite clearly thinner (at the ends) than OEM 02+ wheels. So they at least look a little different

From Rocco's photos it's hard to see whether the fronts stick out too much. It's just with the standard ride height it makes it look worse (being able to see that much of the top of the tyre).

I assume the car isn't pink and the camera isn't doing the paint job any justice!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast