Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new member, new owner

Default new member, new owner

Hello everyone,

Finally took the plunge and bought an NSX, which I'll be picking up on Saturday. Hope it's a dry sunny day for the drive home......

I've always admired the NSX since it came out. I remember reading the car magazines and the huge stir it caused back in 89/90. My favourite memory of that time was the cover of Autoexpress (I think). It had a red/black NSX in profile, dimly lit in a teaser photo (someone here has that photo as their avatar) and the title "wintry smiles from Ferrari". Great stuff.

Surprising enough, having heard about people searching for many months and even years, it didn't take me too long - about 5 weeks. It's a red 95 manual with black roof, UK car, fsh and with 48k on the clock. Classic car insurance with Hagerty Classic was a very reasonable £363, limited to 3000 miles.

Was planning to go to Japfest but realised it clashes with a prior commitment. Ah, well perhaps next year...

hi and welcome
    I am a new owner myself.
    Put some pictures of the car up please.
    Tony
    I tell people that I've now done one decent thing in my life. Albeit inadvertently.
    Larry David

'92 Red/Black
    RS*R Exhaust, DC Headers, SuperDuper LeMans AirScooper, Dali Stealth OEM Airbox Mod: Fujita Filter, OEM 2002+ GOLD calipers + 2 piece race rotors . . . take a breath . . . and finally Nitron one way adjustable suspension!

Welcome Alf.

Congrats on your purchase
    health to drive too

glad u get sorted. Think I know the car you got, I was interested in her also but never got a chance to get across to see her in time prior to u buyin!!!

Get some pics up soon

I'm into my 5th mth now, trying to source a car, hopefully sorted in due course. You did well!

Welcome Alf....happy NSX'ing.
    It's memorable!

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Congratulations on your purchase, don't be too down hearted if it's damp, it's just another string the NSX has to it's bow.

Here's to dry weather anyway.

Welcome Alf. Hope you enjoy the car.
    ------------------
    2004 3.2 Man, Formula Red. Now Sold and not missed as much as expected. Life goes on.

8. Default Welcome

A warm welcome Alf,

The car will exceed your expectations and you will find yourself smiling in the first few miles even if it is raining,

Enjoy,

Ian

Congrats! and welcome, you picked the THE FASTEST COLOR TOO!!
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Apologies for poor quality photo, took a quick snap before the light fades.

Nakamichi - I see from your posts that you have that rarest of beasts, a manual car without the power steering but with those beautiful 7 spoke alloys. Can't be too many cars around with that combo.

Nobby - I hope you find an NSX soon. Must be frustrating given where you are. My car was advertised on Pistonheads and was in Gloucestershire.

Also best wishes to anyone else out there looking for their dream car.

What a fabulous car the NSX is! But the motoring press and everyone on this forum knows that already!

Looks fantastic, in any gear and any revs and the thing just flies. Especially so if in the VTEC zone. And that VTEC howl.........

Acceleration, braking, directional changes, ride comfort, steering - all excellent.

Climate control seems to be blowing out warm air even at lowest setting so a KAZ CCU repair and a healthcheck could be in order.

One small niggle in that the speedo seems erratic - I posted on another thread on that one......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00416.jpg  
    Last edited by Alf Tupper; 01-05-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast