Thread: 10 days of Boarding...

1. Default 10 days of Boarding...

Taking off in the a.m. for Val Thorens for 10 days.

Web cam was looking very late spring today... might be a bit more like Wake-Boarding from time to time.?

Despite the high cost of living, it's still very popular.

m666 edd Guest

I was there early March and it was very cold and sunny so all the runs were pretty damn hard. Ice everywhere.

3. Default

well... think I can count on slushy, Spring Snow and sunny weather for most of it!

Enjoy. Did VT last year as was in the Bell for 5 weeks with full area pass. .. was icy then too but is high up i guess. Whistler right now is all slushy but fun!
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

5. Default

Pretty slushy down low, but good "pushy?" conditions up top.. not icey. We know the guys at one of the snowboard shops from years gone by.. hooked up with them today -local end of season parties going on...

good time of year to be here... looking forward to 10 days away from the rat race i've managed to manoeuvre myself into at home.

nice one man. Can u belive it, its snowing here in whistler village right now. Bloody Mid april!!
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

(Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man View Post
    Can u belive it, its snowing here in whistler village right now. Bloody Mid april!!
    Hoping we get a late season snow here! I bought an 8 days consecutive pass... so going to either be injured, or just completely knacked when I actually leave.

got me thinking of the past...Snowbird used to open Little Cloud bowl - Sat/Sun skiing after the official Closing bell... usually 7 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. as after that it would get too warm & slushy.

I can remember July 4th, maybe 1995? snowed in the a.m. above about 11,000 feet.. we sledded 6 inches of fresh until it turned to mashed potatoes! all of 90 minutes!

sounds crazy! Ive been to snowbird too...

As for sledding...thats firmly in my plans to own one if i end up here. how did the hol go?
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

(Juan Manuel Fangio)

(Gordon Murray)