Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NSX vs 355

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    ... the "out of slow corners" bit would apply even NSX vs NSX, due to when the respective cars can start accelerating.
    That is true but it was a bit more than just that.

I wasn't wheelspinning so I don't think it was down to traction, more likely the extra torque, in theory a peak of 268ft/lb vs 224ft/lb, really was there in the mid range and made the difference.

Even slow corners on circuit rarely mean you have less than 3-4K revs dialled up when you get on the gas, so it's clean mid range pick up you need and the F355 seemed to have a bit more of this than my car.

For comparative purposes, at the same event I could not keep up with a couple of M3 CSL's running sticky Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tyres.

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    the "out of slow corners" bit would apply even NSX vs NSX, due to when the respective cars can start accelerating.

The yoyo effect :nod:

Interesting comparison... On the way to a Pistonheads Hoon early one morning, I came upon a 355 at the lights on the M4 J8/9 roundabout, pointing north up the A404M. I pulled alongside and he had a passenger, I was solo.

At the lights went green, I paused and let him get a nose ahead and we both nailed it to (I think) well into 5th gear, when I backed out ... by this time a good two car lengths behind. His car wasn't standard - had a Capristo or similar exhaust (loud and raspy) and quite likely some other mods that could release a few more ponies... but it was definitely quicker.
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

Also as fast as a Countach lp500.

70ish rolling start, probably due to their brick like aero

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345