Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Accuracy of speedo (and GPS for that matter)

Oh, forgot to mention that the car has original OEM alloys, has correct sized tyres, tyres have decent tread all round and is the original gearbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf Tupper View Post
    Oh, forgot to mention that the car has original OEM alloys, has correct sized tyres, tyres have decent tread all round and is the original gearbox.
    If you live around M4/M25, you aren't too far from a number if us, so come along to the next mini meet.

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    If you live around M4/M25, you aren't too far from a number if us, so come along to the next mini meet.

Sounds good to me, would like to meet other owners, see other cars and talk NSXes!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf Tupper View Post
    I wonder if anyone has any ideas on this one?
    It sounds like there’s something wrong either with your speedometer or with your TomTom - a flash of genius, I know . If you drive along in your NSX with your TomTom and have a friend drive behind you in another car with another sat-nav, you could call each other and compare speedometer and sat-nav readings. That should help narrow down where the problem lies. Maybe your speedometer just needs to be re-calibrated or maybe you need a new sat-nav.

Quote Originally Posted by greenberet View Post
    It sounds like there’s something wrong either with your speedometer or with your TomTom - a flash of genius, I know . If you drive along in your NSX with your TomTom and have a friend drive behind you in another car with another sat-nav, you could call each other and compare speedometer and sat-nav readings. That should help narrow down where the problem lies. Maybe your speedometer just needs to be re-calibrated or maybe you need a new sat-nav.
    Thanks greenberet. I'm pretty sure it's not the sat-nav as it gives consistent results with other cars but not the NSX. Didn't realise speedometers could be recalibrated, I thought I might need a replacement unit so 'll ask a garage to do this when I get the chance.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234