Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NSX vs Supra

If you want to do circuit driving you always have the option of MANU mode. That way you know it won't kick down a gear halfway around a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Even so an old slushmatic (torque converter) style transmission will absorb more power than a manual transmission so it'll be slower overall. On the plus side you'll get consistent launches. On a circuit the auto will be significant handicap.

Cheers

Mark
    Wasn't the Auto 4 speed?

Yes it was, three speed with an overdrive. Very good box overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    If you want to do circuit driving you always have the option of MANU mode. That way you know it won't kick down a gear halfway around a corner.
    But it might, almost certainly will, change up mid corner which can also upset the balance and cause a "moment"?
    Down changes also tend to be if and when the auto decides they're safe rather than exactly when the driver selects them.

I'm not saying it's not a good auto 'box just that an auto 'box is not suited to circuit driving.

Even some of the lastest dual clutch robot'ised gearboxes (and I don't mean true sequential manual gearboxes) decide if it's "safe" to down change robing the driver of that ultimate control over the cars attitude. Personally I wouldn't want to use anything other than a full manual 'box on a circuit.

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

5. Default

is the B7 direct injection?

thus the intakes dont get cleaned with fuel..... bit of an oversight Audi.....
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123