Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jacking up the rear end?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_ View Post
    Why? Even if there were other points which, anecdotally, people have found were safe?
    Tom others might have done it that way, a good frien of mine jacks it there too, I think it might be a case not of the part not taking it, but of the jack slipping off. Please be safe and don't read too much on prime LOL otherwise you'll be fitting 20" chrome wheels and dropping it like is hot.

Best of luck on the diagnosis and it might well be some pulley, just check is not the harmonic balancer rubber core loose.

Cheers,

AR

Blog Entries

Hi, Tom.

For your reference, that’s one of the four points that I use to support the engine when taking it out of the engine bay.

I never tried supporting the rear end using just one point like in the photo of post #4 so can’t really comment from the experience but from structure point of view, I would say, it may damage/scratch something but it’s possible as it’s at the rear beam. I won’t try it though…

I do have almost exactly the same jack in the photo so I know the diameter of the saddle as well as the presence of protection rubber pad on there.
    If the diameter is too small, I’m also worried about damaging the U shaped frame. Part of that supported section is hollow and it’s aluminium...

Kaz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12