Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gruppe M air filter ???

Quote Originally Posted by mccarthy
    The first thing i did to first impreza i owned (i know it not an NSX) was to get the engine blue printed..... i tell you what i will most cetainly be doing the same to my NSX when i get it. The way the engine reved, pulled, felt amazing differance.... not really any thing to do with the air filters more to the remark of the "pointless" power mods this is one that really works a treat :mrgreen:
    Actually, that exercise is not worth the $ on the NSX unless you are RTR. If you look before you leap, you will find out that just the gasket set for putting the motor back together is $1000.00USD (my cost - you will get raped over there), and the motor is pretty well dialed from the getgo.

The best bang for the buck mods on the OBD1 cars are:
    headers
    exhaust
    chip
    bored out TB
    cold air intake
    loose weight

then
    cams & a little head massaging.

:mrgreen:
    Mark Johnson / Dali Racing / Adapt:Innovate:Overcome
    "If you are not being criticized by someone, somewhere, perhaps you are not doing enough?"

But as mine is a 99 3.2 OBD 2 I am pretty much left with a comptech SC or Gruppe M as the only options for extra power. Already replaced the factory exhaust with a Tubi.

Quote Originally Posted by AR
    But as mine is a 99 3.2 OBD 2 I am pretty much left with a comptech SC or Gruppe M as the only options for extra power. Already replaced the factory exhaust with a Tubi.
    The Gruppe M never worked well with the OBD2 except as a "racer" :mrgreen: ie - you lost your OBD2 crap.

The Comptech kit is no longer made since Whipple dropped the unit they were using - at least until they decide if they want to recertify with CARB or just make it as a "offroad" only part. If you can find one someplace, get it.
    Mark Johnson / Dali Racing / Adapt:Innovate:Overcome
    "If you are not being criticized by someone, somewhere, perhaps you are not doing enough?"

Default Gruppe M??

Hi,

just ordered my Gruppe M air-intake from Japan, because Gruppe M Europe (UK) don't stock them according to the guy I spoke to.
    Apparently it will take about 3 weeks to come, but was considerably cheaper than the same product advertised elsewhere.

Can't wait, according to the feedback on NSX prime, the induction noise is amazing!!

Regards,

James.

Oh well so I went for it. I ordered the Kevlar as I like the look of it. What exhaust system are you running Papalazarou?

Hi AR,

Currently just the standard one, but I have plans!! in fact only yesterday I was looking at Supersprint and Taitec.
    I suppose it largely comes down to price.
    I had a look on the Science of speed website and they're doing the GT lightweight system for around £650.00, or a special offer on the Supersprint at just over £900.00 + postage.
    My gut reaction is that the Supersprint is a better product...I may be wrong though.
    I would also like to go the manifold route as I hear the standard pre 3.2 manifolds are quite restrictive. The S.O.S website quote around 22 bhp increase from a complete system.
    I'm holding fast until Friday when I go to Bristol to have my EPS diagnosed. It hasn't worked since Saturday, which is pretty annoying because I thought I'd fixed it and was feeling pretty smug.
    For me the best noise comes from the intake, so I'm not after anything too intrusive.
    What about you? Are you still running standard?
    Also, what lead time did you get on the air filter?

I have a Tubi Sport and love it.

The air filter should ship on the 15 of November.

I went for a Tubi for the same reason I went with GruppeM, quality.

Cheers

AR

Hi AR,

I really like the idea of the Tubi, but I fear it's a little outside my budget.
    I heard one on a 360 a while back and thought it sounded amazing.
    Is it loud?

Cheers, James.

Go to:

http://www.scuderiasystems.com/M-Media.htm

Look for the Honda NSX video.

It is not really that loud as compared to others, but it certainly changes the sound to what I believe a supercar should sound like.

BTW I hope the GruppeM air filter comes with instructions as it looks like there is a few vaccum lines attached to the factory air box.

Cheers

AR

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou
    I would also like to go the manifold route as I hear the standard pre 3.2 manifolds are quite restrictive.
    Unless i'm mistaken,I believe that it is the 3.0 manifold that is the restrictive one not the 3.2 You may be wasting quite a lot of money if you replace the manifold.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast