Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Classic 2010

Default Early Bird Catches the Slverstone 2010 Club Discount!

Silverstone classic - goers : be aware that the 'early bird' club member discount offer expires 31/3 - so only 3 more shopping days to minimise your outlay on the event !

Not that this is a kings ransom even in these double dipping times - see earlier in the thread for the pricing. Remember to quote our club code SC10 NSX for those all - important discounts on ticket prices !!!

More event info is seeping out, as follows :-

"The Silverstone Classic is one of the largest classic racing events in the world, and our declared objective is to be definitively the World’s Biggest Classic Racing Festival. The event was established nearly 20 years ago and recently the spectator attendance has grown to the level of 65,000 in 2009.

Last year the event concept changed from being purely classic motor racing based to include live music concerts on the Friday (Toploader, Blue, and Pussycat Dolls) and Saturday (Carlos Santana) nights under the legend ‘Rocking and Racing’. This will continue for 2010 with performances by Dr Feelgood and The Yardbirds on Friday Evening, and Rick Parfitt Jr on Saturday evening, with further acts yet to be announced.

In 2010 we are expecting over 100 classic car clubs (of which the NSX CB is by far the best) displaying over 5,000 members cars inside the venue. We are expecting over 700 rare classic race cars worth well over £100 million driven by around 1000 owner/racers (some races have two drivers). The grids look to provide examples of the best quality races available in each of the decades from the pre-war era through to the 90s. These cover GP, Le Mans, Sports and Touring cars. There will be aerial displays, hot air balloon ascents, a Victorian fun fair with the addition of some extreme rides, a retail village with over 100 traders. Harley-Davidson © will provide displays and demonstrations.

Bonhams auctioneers are the auction partner again in 2010 having achieved a 100% of lots sold at the 2009 event
    Celebrities add glamour to any event and SC09 had Murray Walker as its ambassador plus Sir Stirling Moss, Richard Attwood, Jackie Oliver, Bobby Rahal, et al from the racing world and, Chris Rea, Mark Knopfler, and others from the music world.

New for 2010 will be a celebrity race on the Friday evening, in which celebrities new to the world of motor racing will be able to pit their newly discovered skills behind the wheel of a race car against each other on the full historic GP circuit. Driving specially race prepared road cars, the celebrities will first attend training to gain their race licences, and then go into battle in identical performance cars providing a great TV and crowd pleasing spectacle."

Come on, lets hear some noise from the NSX GB posse at this great event, on our 20th 'birthday' !

Chris

3 day tickets bought

Olly

Default Dammit

I've already bought a ticket on another code. I know the intro says the NSXCB code is the only way onto the stand, any way I can get onto the stand? Ticket is for Saturday only.
    Rich
    '91 Red/Black Manual Coupe
    '93 MX5 for the track. Red. With a roof that's, er, black...

Anyone else want a full-weekend ticket? It's a 2-for-1 yet I can't find anyone who wants to go for the whole time, so I'm going to waste some money...

I'm also happy to soak up the postage and transaction fees, if that persuades someone?!?
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by BabyG View Post
    I've already bought a ticket on another code. I know the intro says the NSXCB code is the only way onto the stand, any way I can get onto the stand? Ticket is for Saturday only.
    Rich

OK, firstly is it a 'centre pass' coding, i.e. is it with another car club to show a car with them - if so it should be relatively simple to ring up Silverstone & tell then you have 'changed allegience' to SC10 NSX

Otherwise I would ring them, explain the situation & ask them what you need to do to have the ticket changed over to a 'SC10 NSX' code pass

Bear in mind that, believe it or not, there is a numberplate check before tickets are issued to make sure that people aren't trying to freeload off clubs they don't belong to - sophisticated or what ?!

Chris

Default SILVERSTONE CLASSIC 2010 - Track Sessions

Latest news on the Silverstone Classic is that we have a grand total of 10 of our glorious NSXs booked in for this great event so far. Last year we ended up with 25 or so, so if you haven't bought tickets for our club area yet, can I gently suggest that you get a move on, as the '2 for the price of 1' car club deal closes on 30 June :-

Friday only : £30
    Sat only : £35
    Sun only : £35
    All 3 days : £70

See earlier in the thread for booking details - dont forget to quote our club code SC10NSX to get your 2 for 1 deal, centre access pass to join us on the highly sought after NSX stand

As you may be aware, £££s have been spent on improving the Silverstone facility and this includes a renovated, dedicated in-field 1.2 mile track, the 'Stowe' circuit.

This will be made available for all 3 days for dedicated track sessions for up to 24 cars, open pitlane style. We have been asked if we want to participate, if so on which day, and with how many cars. In theory this sounds like the ideal opportunity to stretch a few NSX legs !

Obviously Sunday is the most 'popular' day but equally will no doubt be the busiest & most expensive for track action. Perhaps the Saturday might suit us better ???

Due to advancing years and inadequate thread management skills, I can't start one of those 'who fancies some track action and if so when' threads, so can a software savant do the honours please!

Media attention for the event is building well. Once we have the excellent Japfest experience behind us, join me in making Silverstone 2010 one to remember in the annals of Oriental mid-engined history!

Chris

Is anyone planning to camp over?

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Yes, I intend to do the same as last year, overnighting here on Saturday evening:

http://www.whittlebury.com/index.php...p=camping.html

5 or 6 of us stayed here last year, and it is pretty civilised by motor racing camp site standards!

Only a 10 min. walk from the NSX stand (where I left my car over-night last year)
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Default Silverstone Classic 2010 - breaking news !

Firstly, confirmed & prospective Silverstone - goers, the news you've been waiting for - yes, vertically coiffured talent show defying teen sensations JEDWARD are on the entertainment bill for the Saturday evening (fresh from a 'sell out' tour of Ireland, no less) - now there are no more excuses not to come !

Secondly some more details of the track sessions on the new inner Stowe circuit. These will be 45 minutes long & run throughout the 3 days for competitor car shakedowns, exclusive car club bookings and regular 'any car' sessions.

The exclusive car club bookings cost £1700+VAT (max 24 cars) so given the likely NSX turnout I fear they are out of reach for us realistically

The 'any car' sessions seem like a better bet if you're into tracking. There are 2 types ; driver only at £75 (relatively reasonable I guess... typicaly you will pay about 3x that for a weekend day session at a major track and few would put in a total of 135 minutes on track) and £85 + passenger.

Provisional session times as follows :-

Sat 1000-1045 Passenger
    Sat 1500-1545 Driver
    Sun 0900-0945 Driver
    Sun 1000-1045, 1100-1145 Passenger

Once details are firmed up I will post them - I'm going to plump for the Sun 1100-1145 session, any other takers ?

Finally we should have the benefit of our luxury NSX CB marquee / gazebo with all its associated home comforts!

If you're coming (and if not, why on earh not given the brilliant time we all had last year) then don't forget - the special '2 for 1' car club offer finishes on JUNE 30. After this, it's the public car parks, miles of walking, no halo effect of parking your NSX with your NSX CB mates amidst the Ferraris, Porsches in centre circuit etc for latecomers - so GET BOOKING !

Don't forget to quote our exclusive club code SC10 NSX for the bargain rates and centre passes etc

I'll be there all weekend (not sure what time on Friday), but not sure about the track session...money's quite tight this year. Good news on the Gazebo, BTW!

Do you know if they're doing the lunchtime 'parade laps' with the car clubs again this year?
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast