Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Classic 2010

As much as I would love to attend this avent, it falls on the wrong date for me, as I think that is the same date as the Nijmegen March over in Holland (an event were several hundred thousand mentalists like myself, march 100 miles over 4 days).

However if for any reason I don't go to Nijmegen 2010 I'll do my best to get down south for this.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

would like to join you all, whats the situation on camping???
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Default Silverstone Classic

Well done in the organisation Chris,
    I wasn't there in 2009 but will be there in 2010, don't know how many days yet
    definitely 1, possibly all 3

Best wishes to all for 2010

Chris B N

97 3.0 T Auto Charlotte Green
    04 Civic 1.6
    01 MX5 1.8

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    would like to join you all, whats the situation on camping???
    A few of us camped at a local golf course....can't remember its name........but it is well established & serves the British GP, so the Classic is well within their capacity. 10-15 min. walk from the NSX pitch (where I left my car overnight last year).
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

I'll be there again this year...as will my NSX!
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Most excellent- look forward to seeing you both Martin.

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Default Silverstone Classic 2010

<DIV id=post_message_65461>OK NSX'ers - the Silverstone Classic 2010 is officially up & running, and we have been invited to display our luscious NSXs at the event once again!

For those who didn't manage to pop along to the 09 event, prepare for 3 full days of head-on classic F1 / sports car racing, thousands of classic cars on display, supercars of all breeds strewn as far as the eye can see, petrolhead shopping galore, bands, air displays, motor racing celebrities wandering around, etc etc, not to mention the chance to 'hang out' with all your fellow NSX owners on our club display stand - in other words the biggest open air motoring event in the UK

I have requested that we have the same 'pitch' in centre circuit as last year - lets hope those pesky Porsches keep to their own turf this time round (although to be fair they were our unwitting source of hot water for a while)

Once again I have asked Honda UK to support us, and I am aiming for something that goes well beyond the capacious marquee that they kindly donated to us last year - lets see if they can rise to the challenge !

Ticket bookings are already open, and to secure our valuable NSX CB discounts, don't forget to use our club booking code SC10NSX. Remember - using this code to book tickets is the ONLY way to get your NSX to our club stand (hopefully) in centre circuit (as opposed to being banished to the outer reaches of the public car parks amongst all the Corsas & Puntos, etc)

Details are as follows:-

Event Dates 23, 24, 25 July 2010
    (All dates are provisional and subject to confirmation by Silverstone Circuits)
    Registered Classic Car Club 2 for 1Ticket Price matrix is:
    Until 31st March 2010 Until 30th June 2010
    Early Bird Advanced
    Friday £20 £25
    Saturday £30 £35
    Sunday £30 £35
    3-Day £70 £80

(A standard booking fee will be applied to each transaction by SEE Tickets. Multiple sales are available)
    Ticket Sales Office Now Open! Club members must have their Car Club display car registration available when booking. Ticket prices include evening concerts.
    <FONT face=Calibri><FONT color=blue>Tel:

Great to hear you are repeating last year's fantastic event Chris- even though I only managed to attend on the Friday when there was a limited number of cars on our stand. Assuming I decide to keep my car I will certainly want to be part of the display again.

By the way, I keep blowing hot and cold about selling. On the one hand I do so few miles in it - only about 1500 last year - and on the other I keep reading threads where past owners have obviously regretted their decisions and, in some cases, have had to go and buy another. I do absolutely love mine - it just seems an awful lot of money tied up not doing much (or so the wife tells me!). I guess the answer is to hang onto it until I really need the dosh when I retire - which could be a long wait when I look at my pension pot. I guess one day the value of our cars might really take off??!!

Cheers,

Baz
    Current fleet:
    My beloved 2003 NSX - now very sadly sold
    BMW 530d M Sport Business Edition, daily driver
    Smart - the wife's eco warrior
    Autotrail Scout motorhome
    Triumph Scrambler
    Montesa 4RT trials tool

Default Silverstone classic 2010 - latest

Unfortunately despite near constant pestering of HUK's media department, I'm afraid we hardy NSX'ers are going to be thrown back on our own resources at Silverstone this year as regards our 'pitch'

HUK are not supporting any owners club events this year, although they are going to organise another BTCC attendence event, and possibly a general owners club event of some kind (TBA) . So regrettably we will not have the use of the mega marquee that we luxuriated in last year, and we will have to provide for ourselves

The British 'summer' being what it is, I think we should try to erect some form of protection against the elements, not to mention to contain the excellent field kitchen facilities that Mike kindly provided. Does any one have cheap / zero cost access to a decent marquee ?

Also we need to think about regalia. Is the infamous NSX CB banner out there somewhere ? Is there any appetite for getting some flags etc made up, for use at all our regular events ?

Event information is starting to filter out regarding the content of the 2010 event (Fri 23 - Sun 25 July), for example:-

Silverstone Classic 2010 will celebrate 60 years of the Formula 1 ‘World Championship’ at the home of British Motor Racing (and the British Grand Prix if its announced) with a selection of three high quality grids racing on the historic GP circuit, and displays and features celebrating the entire 60 years. Invited grids will showcase the development of the sport with an HGPCA pre-61 Front Engine GP race with early ERA’s, Alfa Romeo’s and the iconic Maserati 250F’s, an HGPCA pre-66 rear engine GP race with Coopers, Lotus’ and BRM’s, and a later ‘three litre formula’ Grand Prix race with Lotus, Brabham, Tyrrell, March, Hesketh, Ferrari, BRM, Surtees, and McLaren. Special displays and parades will showcase even later cars including Senna’s first F1 car the turbo Toleman Hart, Schumachers 1992 Benetton, and the Damon Hill 1996 World Championship winning Williams Renault.

Finally don't forget the 'early bird' ticket offers expire END MARCH if you are showing up for any or all of the 3 days - details below:-

Event Dates 23, 24, 25 July 2010
    (All dates are provisional and subject to confirmation by Silverstone Circuits)

Registered Classic Car Club 2 for 1Ticket Price matrix is:
    Until 31st March 2010 Until 30th June 2010
    Early Bird Advanced
    Friday £20 £25
    Saturday £30 £35
    Sunday £30 £35
    3-Day £70 £80

Ticket Office Now Open! Ring 0871 231 0849 or http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/tickets

Take advantage of the Early Bird promotional prices (available until 31st March 2010) which give a massive £20 off the On-the-Day Adult entry ticket.
    N.B. Children 6-16 just £5 per day. 5 and under free.

Don't forget to quote our reference code SC10 NSX to access the cheapest deals!

Hopefully we can make a really great event out of Silverstone 2010, so if you're thinking about coming for 1, 2 or the full 3 days, please add your name to the list in this thread and - BOOK EARLY !

Chris

Shame, but I guess it is a reflection of the perilous state of the motor industry at present. Well done and thanks for pursuing this though Chris.

If my memory serves me correctly from last year (a bold assumption!), it looks to me like Silverstone are having the temerity to build a race circuit on our pitch!!!

Follow this link to a map of the currently-under-construction revised GP / Motorgp circuit:

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/track/c...otogp-circuit/

Despite these minor issues, I am sure it will be a tremendous weekend.

Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast