Thread: Ipod Adaptor Help

Default Ipod Adaptor Help

After receiving all the parts needed last year I thought today would be a good day to fit the Ipod.

After removing the top panel and two side panels I attempted to remove the center arm rest by lifting it straight up, then cursing, then trying some screwdrivers to pry it followed by more cursing.

Not wanting to damage the car has anybody else had a problem removing the offending item and if so is there another way around this?

Regards Ian

Have you removed the false floor of the large (lower) center compartment?

If not, that is your problem!

The grey 'fuzzy' finish base of the large compartment is a sheet of metal which can be removed by carefully inserting a fine bladed screwdriver under one of the edges & lifting (it is simply held in place by gravity and a sung fit!) Once out, you will see 4 (I think) screws holding the centre console in place.

Hope this helps!
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    Have you removed the false floor of the large (lower) center compartment?

If not, that is your problem!

The grey 'fuzzy' finish base of the large compartment is a sheet of metal which can be removed by carefully inserting a fine bladed screwdriver under one of the edges & lifting (it is simply held in place by gravity and a sung fit!) Once out, you will see 4 (I think) screws holding the centre console in place.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for your reply, found it shortly after posting - doh!

Have a new problem now, the PA11-HON doesn't appear to be compatible with my Ipod nano, although I can play music etc, it doesn't appear to be charging it. The ipod is showing a message not charging as not compatible with external device -

Ah!

Interesting....I am about to plumb in a Nano using a PA11-HON!

Are you sure the dip switches are set correctly on the adaptor?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Blog Entries

Or, you may have previous version of PA11-HON with old version of looms.

From which company did you purchase the PA11-HON?
    You may want to contact your seller (or even USA Spec) to confirm that you have the latest PA11-HON hardware/software with the latest version of the looms.

Just a matter of interest, does your adaptor loom look like the photo of the post #16 of this thread?
    http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showth...?t=7151&page=2

It is not the adaptor loom for the iPod but will help us in understanding the version of your PA11-HON.

Regards,
    Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    Ah!

Interesting....I am about to plumb in a Nano using a PA11-HON!

Are you sure the dip switches are set correctly on the adaptor?
    I have managed to get it to work by setting dip switch 2 to the off position - phew!

Hi,

I have just fitted the GROM iPod adapter. I got it from The Carputer shop for about 50 pounds including postage and it plugged straight in and sounds great. I found them on eBay UK but they don't have the NSX listed in the advert. They did have the correct cable in stock though when I asked. Contact person is Richard Heap to ensure you get the correct cable.

I used the connector behind the passenger panel and ran the cable back to the centre console.

Cheers,

Andy