Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pictures of a NEW NSX-RACE-CAR

I appreciate both sides of the debate but I love he way the road NSX looks compared to the ex-race cars. I have no doubt I would also like the road car if its anything like the camouflaged versions we've seen so far.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Bring out a Honda ZO6 and it will sale like...

I still think the race car is a great marketing gamble. If this car is quick and wins races, it will develop a following. Most will expect a road version to be softer etc, but isnt racing results what sells top end sports cars anyway?

V8, V10, V6turbos ... who cares. I dont and if it has some of the engine performance (power & green credentials aka MP4) that surely Honda are capable of building given most credit them as one of the greatest engine builders, then a 2+2 will suit me fine

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

4. Default

Are the Super GT races televised outside of Japan? I understand they were going to, or did a round in the US, but aren't any longer?

The race on sunday and sell on monday line is well versed, but if no-one knows about it...
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

Quote Originally Posted by forumadmin View Post
    Yes but we all know the axed 'NSX' looked like this.

The race car is going to be much wider and have bigger wheels. So if Honda show off the race car, then come out with the road version, isn't it going to be a bit of a let down?
    Good point Kevin, the race car looks nothing like the camouflaged buffalo that was pounding around the Nurburgring.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    I still think the race car is a great marketing gamble. If this car is quick and wins races, it will develop a following. Most will expect a road version to be softer etc, but isnt racing results what sells top end sports cars anyway?
    That used to be the idea but it seems less so these days. Why on earth Citroen are in WRC is a mystery to me. Also it (racing success) has never worried Lamborghini.

V8, V10, V6turbos ... who cares. I dont and if it has some of the engine performance (power & green credentials aka MP4) that surely Honda are capable of building given most credit them as one of the greatest engine builders, then a 2+2 will suit me fine

regards, Paul
    I suspect Honda will go down the hybrid route should they re-enter the sports car market. With Le Mans (the ACO governing body) looking to encourage a hybrid class i.e create rules to allow them to win, in the next couple of years, this could be the showcase for Honda. Porsche look to be going this way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Fenn View Post
    Are the Super GT races televised outside of Japan? I understand they were going to, or did a round in the US, but aren't any longer?

The race on sunday and sell on monday line is well versed, but if no-one knows about it...
    The races were shown on either MotorsTV or Eurosport last year. They're more like endurance racing with several classes of car so the actual "racing" is rarely close but it's still good to watch for motor sport fans.

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by markc; 23-01-2010 at 01:20 PM.
    The older I get, the faster I was

I still think the race car is a great marketing gamble. If this car is quick and wins races, it will develop a following.
    regards, Paul
    I think that in the Domestic market it is important to have a good showing just for corporate pride.

Banning the NSX after being successful must have hurt Honda a bit and this is the result.
    ------------------
    2004 3.2 Man, Formula Red. Now Sold and not missed as much as expected. Life goes on.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234