Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of a NEW NSX-RACE-CAR

Default Pictures of a NEW NSX-RACE-CAR

Last edited by 278kmh; 25-12-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Last edited by 278kmh; 25-12-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Wow - very nice, love to hear what it sounds like with that exhaust! Any more info about it, specs etc...

the engine is a 3,4 liter from the formula-nippon. its only a racecar , no streetversion planed.

I say watch this space ref a potential road car.

If you look close there are several 'NSX' styling areas on this Next Sporting eXperince from Honda. The relationship around the front bumper and lights, the deep screen, the full width rear lights. It also has the front wings flowing over the dead centre line of the front wheels (notably copied by the the Maclaren F1 and new MP4).

So Honda gets special allowance to race. It already looks to be on the pace for 2010. It starts winning and the officals say ... Honda, you now need to homolagate the new car to continue. By this time the would be purchasers are chomping at the bit. The car has credibility, and for road users, SH-AWD to help control 400+ hp .... result, a very special front/mid engined car with great poise, a great noise and lots of eager buyers!

Clever move Honda

Anyone want a 98 3.2 targa?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Default Lets hope so

Unfortunately I don't think it will happen until honda/acura have sorted themselves out. But I hope I am wrong.

The pressure for Honda to plot the right way forward would not seem to include what the president refers to as a Halo model.

I could have done with SH-AWD today. My accord got stuck behind some twunt in a Beamer who had to be towed up a hill..... By a Honda CRV of course. I made it up by using an interesting sawing method.

It was a few weeks back that I realised that the NSX is now truly beyond my reach so I really envy all of you guys who have had more than just daydreams!

If this car is succesful then I'm sure the JGTC governing bodies (FIA??) will then insist on homolgation, whether this will be 5 specials as the NSX-GT or a full production run then who knows.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast