Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo charging an NSX, cheaper than supercharging....

Default Turbo charging an NSX, cheaper than supercharging....

I've been following a few threads on nsxprime, some good, some not so good (Prospeed in particular). Just wondered what peoples thoughts here were towards turbocharging? Apparently the engine is good for up to about 400bhp in standard form low boost, about 5psi? Would be interested in general comments and if possible Kaz's thoughts on the engine suitability.....Sometimes I think the car isn't as quick as it looks (when the opportunity arises)

Cheers,

Gary

I'll chime in, for keeping it low boost, considering were we are ( UK ) a CTSC is hard to beat.

The main thing is engine management. I am not sure if Kaz offers this service, but pretty muche EVERYONE outhere is an amateur. I am not happy with what TDI did regarding mapping of an NSX BBSC. Lots of "tuners" say sure bring it over I'll have it a couple of days...

I know of soo many people with Subarus, Evos, Supras, etc in this country always going back to the tuners, because it was not right. Some horror stories about some reputable tuners too, some of them from friends, not friend of a friend. A very good tuner from the US recomended by Simon is coming over in the new year and he is one I'll trust.

Second part is the MOT, most of the Turbo's get rid of the cats and then even the EGR. You need separate oil lines, which can leak. You need to tap the oil pan. You'll need a new exhaust too.

I got a spare engine and I am hoping a low comp build, in that case I will look for a Turbo, probably Angus, and will shoot for 600 or so, but for a quick car that can keep up with most ( stock cars ) out there a CTSC NSX is hard to beat.

The tuning is a concern. There is an AEMS tuning place up near Milton Keynes or Silverstone area which seems to sound reputable....

It's the Angus kit that sounds decent value and having spoken to him (Wil) a good deal is possible ~£4k at current rates, with air to air intercooler, exhaust, basically everything short of set-up & fitting(would fit myself). The downside is the MOT situation having to mess about every year swapping everything over....

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    The tuning is a concern. There is an AEMS tuning place up near Milton Keynes or Silverstone area which seems to sound reputable....

It's the Angus kit that sounds decent value and having spoken to him (Wil) a good deal is possible ~£4k at current rates, with air to air intercooler, exhaust, basically everything short of set-up & fitting(would fit myself). The downside is the MOT situation having to mess about every year swapping everything over....
    Last I checked EMS was optional on that kit. Wil seems a really nice guy and he has delivered quite a few. They are soo lucky when it comes to parts and vendors over the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    If you let me know who the tuner is, I might have some more information for you............
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Quote Originally Posted by simonprelude View Post
    If you let me know who the tuner is, I might have some more information for you............
    Well the one that came from the AEMS website for the UK is http://www.advancedme.co.uk/

Any info/stories to tell??

For the NSX, Supercharging for me everytime.

If Santa slips me a voucher for £6K (which he won't be) I'll bite Dixon's hand off for one of his Comptech kits

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    For the NSX, Supercharging for me everytime.

If Santa slips me a voucher for £6K (which he won't be) I'll bite Dixon's hand off for one of his Comptech kits

Cheers

Mark
    Mark, after taxes etc is close to 8K, mind you some good deals over the water if you can travel to pick up. Maybe hitch a ride in the Sleigh.

PS If you do catch him tell him to drop off my low comp build!

Well if Santa did contribute £6k it'd be rude of me not to chip in another couple

If I forego the new exhaust I'm after I've got a good chunk of it (the extra £2K) put aside anyway!

If only I'd be nice rather than naughty this year... and last year, and the one before that, etc etc

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

turbo is good was going for it but got a deal with all the parts for my it was me went to tdi and they have no idea about tuning a aem on a nsx only only found out after a year or so when i was told thats normal, when i was at sos they told me no not normal needs to be tuned properly

so wont be going there again

thx amo

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast