Thread: front end light

Default front end light

I ditched the spare tyre a long time ago like many people. Since then, is it my imagination, or at high speed does the front end feel a bit light? I have since fitted a heavy duty battery which was such a big lump i had to remove and refit a new battery holder frame, but i do still sense the front end feels a little light at the top end compared to before (i did remove the bottom lip also as speed bumps make it impossible to use my NSX as my suspension is a little lower than usual). I guess the combination of the two is bound to have an effect. Wonder if a diffuser might stabilise it a bit?

Thats one reason why I have never removed the spare, since its weight on the front may affect the overall weight distribution of the car.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

m666 edd Guest

I would have thought if it's at high speed it's mostly due to the missing 'diffuser'.

No sapre, custom flat undertray, bonnet duct and vented bonnet.

Rock solid at silly speed.

I thing you need tghe NSX-R undertrays.

I recently serviced the air con system so removed the duct, front spoiler (what I beleive you arer calling the diffusor) and undertrays. Without these items the car did indeed feel light at the front. All these are now re-installed and frront end stability is restored!

The OEM spoiler is a fairly resilient item so I would suggest rreefitting this first. If you still experience problems then as Ary suggest you could consider the undertrays. However, it is strongly recommeded that you only use this with the vented bonnet to avoid a potential overrheating issue

regards,

Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Shoreham by Sea, Liege, Moscow! and other interesting places!

The problem will definitely be the front lip. I had to remove mine a few years ago on a trip to Germany after it was damaged on the Eurotunnel train ramps (never go on the top floor!) After that the front end felt very light and was undriveable above 130 mph. Ruined my whole trip!!

I think undertrays etc are great but are more useful with the vented type R hood. I've had no trouble at very high speeds with the standard front lip, no spare wheel and no undertrays or diffusers.

leigh

I agree too, my car get that same light front feeling at speed, will need to look into sorting that out.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.