Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tyres - Avon ZV5?

Hankook get my vote as James says ...

I have these as daily tyres on the NSX (keeping the RE070 for specials), I also have them on the Merc where they have received the type of driving that you refer to in you original post, they have now covered 35k miles and still have 2mm of even tread life left.

As an aside, I've just swapped the OEM Dunlps of the CRV to an equivalent 4x4 tyre from Hankook and they too are performing very well.

FYI, HanKook is now an OEM recommended tyre for UK Audi's

Good Luck

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Has anyone heard any more about the new Yokohama, the AD08?? I'm still waiting until these come to the UK before I change.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Has anyone heard any more about the new Yokohama, the AD08?? I'm still waiting until these come to the UK before I change.

Jim
    Hi, Jim.
    I asked the same question to Yokohama UK a while ago as they originally announced that it would be available around autumn this year. It's already December and I didn't get any replay from them so I spoke with Yokohama Japan directly.

They told me that it will be introduced very early 2010 in UK but the size information will only be announced through Yokohama UK. Having said this, still no reply from UK office... Quite disappointed with their support so not sure when we'll actually see the AD08 on the market in UK. They are still quite expensive in Japan as well.

I just hope they will provide us with all OEM combination.

Regards,
    Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by kzukNA1 View Post
    Hi, Jim.
    I asked the same question to Yokohama UK a while ago as they originally announced that it would be available around autumn this year. It's already December and I didn't get any replay from them so I spoke with Yokohama Japan directly.

They told me that it will be introduced very early 2010 in UK but the size information will only be announced through Yokohama UK. Having said this, still no reply from UK office... Quite disappointed with their support so not sure when we'll actually see the AD08 on the market in UK. They are still quite expensive in Japan as well.

I just hope they will provide us with all OEM combination.

Regards,
    Kaz
    Hi Kaz,
    Yes I remember the last time we spoke about these tyres, we were hoping for autumn this year. I have been looking for places online and had no luck finding any information.
    Well looks like we will have to wait a bit longer.
    Jim

I've just fitted the Hankook K110's to my ITR following Paul's recommendation, and 1 week in (so cold and damp weather), compared to the ITR's RE010's:-
    - sidewalls are a little softer, but definitely not as bad as some on the market. They'll certainly do. I think the centre-rib might help with turn-in precision too.
    - feedback isn't far off
    - wet-weather grip is MILES better
    - progression is noticeably better

...in fact, I'm a little disappointed. At this time of the year I quite enjoyed wet roundabouts, but now it's all become rather sensible...

Need to wait for the spring to see how they cope with a full-bore charge down a B-road, but I've a spare set of (ITR) rims waiting for the AD08s if they make it over here...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Time to update the signature then

Black '99 ITR - Now back on RE010's!
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I found this since I am interested in some for the fronts next year. Its a real shame theres no availability for the fronts for those on 15/16s

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...VAN+Neova+AD08
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    I found this since I am interested in some for the fronts next year. Its a real shame theres no availability for the fronts for those on 15/16s

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...VAN+Neova+AD08
    Yes there is, 205/50/15 !!

Thats great news Jim, I thought the fronts were 45 profile? If they are 50 on pre 1994s, thats a good result.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Yeah, here you go, this thread has all the info:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showth...ight=tyre+size

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12