Thread: radiator tweaks!

Default radiator tweaks!

while i was waiting for the new radiator to arrive, i bought some stainless mesh to make a radiator shield... as you can see the removed radiator had suffered on the bottom half over 17 years of use... constantly bombarded by bugs, stones and whatever

so a shield was made up. 2 A3 pieces of mesh were cut to shape, screwed to the plastic ducting at the sides, and ty-wrapped around the centre support. edging was fitted where the mesh might chaif the metal.. rubber tube was fitted over the air-con pipes to avoid any issues!...

oh, and the shiny new rad....

aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Hi Jon,

Looks to be the usual neat install! I'd be interested to know if it has any impact on the running temperature if you can keep us updated. For the very reason you show above I'd considered one of the premade ones but had been warned off by several Prime users as it had led to raised temperatures ....

... then again, they do sit in traffic more than us and actually have some sun and heat!!

Glad you're all sorted. Can you post a photo from the front at some point please?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

i used a 5mm mesh, 4mm holes and 1mm wires, quoted at 65% free air.. so i don't forsee any probs...
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....