Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Couple of quick ones.

Quote Originally Posted by NSX100 View Post
    Interesting comments. I am 6-2 and while the seat and driving postion is perfect - the most comfortable seat I have ever been in - I barely squeeze in under the roof without shaving my head. Is the Dali lowered seat cushion worth getting?

Cheers,

David
    You have to remove the normal seat cushion to put this in. It is only a piece of foam with some covering it. I have used the seat with the cushion removed on track with no other padding, and it was fine. If you don't want to cut and remove your seat cushion, possibly snapping clips in the process, buy a racing seat.

nb. For sale two Sparco EVO racing seats, and Sabelt 6 point harnesses. Have been sat in by me, so garanteed to make your car faster.

2. Default

Can anyone point me in the direction of some compatible seats? Is it possible to get a set that just bolt in rather than having to perform surgery?

Here are to for sale:

Can anyone point me in the direction of some compatible seats? Is it possible to get a set that just bolt in rather than having to perform surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by forumadmin View Post
    nb. For sale two Sparco EVO racing seats, and Sabelt 6 point harnesses. Have been sat in by me, so garanteed to make your car faster.

They are gone already.

5. Default

Did they bolt straight in?

Quote Originally Posted by NiallNSX View Post
    Did they bolt straight in?
    They should do what year is your NSX?

7. Default

Don't have one yet! Am looking to buy a 2002-2005 model though and am 6-4 and broad. Planning ahead.

I don't know if your question was aimed at my seats or not. But mine bolted straight in once I made custom mounts for them!

I am 6'4" too. The EVO was a fine fit for me, but the 'larger' gentleman, would find them tight. There is an EVO II, which is wider, but I reckon on those having trouble fitting in the car.

You can either buy seat mounts from the NSX vendors, or go to a metal workshop, someone who can bend and weld. Or even a motorsports centre. By that I mean a shop that prepares race cars, not someone who sells 'tuning products', and get them to make a base mount, which you can attach side mounts to.

But deep bucket seats like these need harnesses to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by NiallNSX View Post
    Don't have one yet! Am looking to buy a 2002-2005 model though and am 6-4 and broad. Planning ahead.
    Last edited by TheQuietOne; 30-01-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Not very nice Kev!!

Coming late to this discussion, but I'd just say - if you're v tall then you can pretty much forget about a Targa unless you change the seat. I'm 6'1" and can fit in just fine, but Luke wouldn't be able to drive my car without taking the roof off
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

10. Default

I sat in Baz's 2002 coupe today and it was very marginal. I could certainly have driven it, even at my height, but an inch or maybe two lower would have been ideal. Don't think I would want a targa in anycase...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast