Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Searching for 'my' Holy Grail........

1. Default

Man, did this thread go dead all of the sudden. Jesus Christ! Oh well, I wish the original poster the best in his search for an NSX-R.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairy_Potr View Post
    Man, did this thread go dead all of the sudden. Jesus Christ! Oh well, I wish the original poster the best in his search for an NSX-R.
    Didnt go dead all of a sudden, went quite I think, when figures were prduced lol

Like most "I WANT" NSX-R related threads, they go quite after some re-search.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

3. Default

Makes sense. You UK guys are blessed with the opportunity to own one of these marvelous NSX-R machines, though. Me jealous!

4. Default

Richy:

If you're still poking around for NSX-R's, might I add this little tidbit of wisdom. You don't need an NSX, or an NSX-R, or anything else material for that matter. Sure, they are fine luxuries and worthy aspirations, but they certainly won't offer your soul anything other than an adrenaline rush. And, if you're buying an NSX, or any exotic sportscar, with the intent to impress the neighbors (ie, strike Envy in them), then you would be well served to reconsider your purchase decision.

Now, think long and hard about what I am saying. The (real) Holy Grail is not about a magical cup, any more than it is about a cool sportscar. It's about your conscious decision to THINK! To maximize your use of the only competitive advantage that humans are endowed with as creatures -- an intelligent, logical mind. Most people prefer to rely on others to do their thinking for them. They might as well pray into a grape juice filled coffee mug.

"Thinking" is the easy part. Doing the right thing -however- is the real challenge. It's not challenging in that years of scholarly work are necessary to understand right from wrong, but simply that in the toughest of times, the "wrong" will appear oh-so-similar to the "right". When in doubt, stick to the basics. What did your mother teach you, and where does it fit into the 10 Commandments?

As you surely know, lots of people from various organizations will try to offer you access to the Holy Grail. Ignore them. All of them. Using that logical mind of yours, do you really think that your Creator expected you to spend a lifetime searching for a stupid physical cup somewhere? Of course not. Similarly, most of these organizations will try to coerce you into joining their side/cause, because they "know best". They don't. The fact of the matter is this: In any of these organizations, you will be speaking with and learning from who? Humans. There are a very very few rare exceptions to this, but NONE of those (trustworthy) rare exceptions would tell you what to think. Only that you should think for yourself.

I can't tell you what the Ultimate Truth is (and even if I could, I wouldn't -- it's your Grail quest, right? ). Frankly, I don't know if such a thing called Ultimate Truth even exists, or can ever be obtained. Perhaps the recognition of that fact alone is, in itself, the Ultimate Truth.

I can tell you, however, that it only takes a few quid in public library late charges, an open mind, and a pure heart, to come to these same (or other) conclusions all on your own. And no faggy secretive Freemason or corrupt Catholic will tell you that in such certain terms.

[Public library reference c/o Goodwill Hunting -- not a bad starting point in your spiritual quest]

Best wishes.
    Andrew

5. Default

Richy:

One other thing -- pay close attention to your own conceptual contradictions. Does one belief inherently contradict another, even minutely? Consider this (and this according to my own belief system, so you may disagree, but my message is clear):

According to Me, you don't necessarily need others to reach spiritual ascension/enlightenment. All of the "reference documents" are readily available (be it the Bible, the Dictionary, or other mystic/everyday literature). Therefore, you don't need to be associated with some outside organization.

[Note, you may not, and I'm not asking you to, believe this. But this is what I mean by philosophical harmony, so to speak. It would be a contradiction if I then said that I should join XYZ organization to reach my Holy Grail]

Yours Truly,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Hairy_Potr View Post
    Richy:

If you're still poking around for NSX-R's, might I add this little tidbit of wisdom. You don't need an NSX, or an NSX-R, or anything else material for that matter. Sure, they are fine luxuries and worthy aspirations, but they certainly won't offer your soul anything other than an adrenaline rush. And, if you're buying an NSX, or any exotic sportscar, with the intent to impress the neighbors (ie, strike Envy in them), then you would be well served to reconsider your purchase decision.

Now, think long and hard about what I am saying. The (real) Holy Grail is not about a magical cup, any more than it is about a cool sportscar. It's about your conscious decision to THINK! To maximize your use of the only competitive advantage that humans are endowed with as creatures -- an intelligent, logical mind. Most people prefer to rely on others to do their thinking for them. They might as well pray into a grape juice filled coffee mug.

"Thinking" is the easy part. Doing the right thing -however- is the real challenge. It's not challenging in that years of scholarly work are necessary to understand right from wrong, but simply that in the toughest of times, the "wrong" will appear oh-so-similar to the "right". When in doubt, stick to the basics. What did your mother teach you, and where does it fit into the 10 Commandments?

As you surely know, lots of people from various organizations will try to offer you access to the Holy Grail. Ignore them. All of them. Using that logical mind of yours, do you really think that your Creator expected you to spend a lifetime searching for a stupid physical cup somewhere? Of course not. Similarly, most of these organizations will try to coerce you into joining their side/cause, because they "know best". They don't. The fact of the matter is this: In any of these organizations, you will be speaking with and learning from who? Humans. There are a very very few rare exceptions to this, but NONE of those (trustworthy) rare exceptions would tell you what to think. Only that you should think for yourself.

I can't tell you what the Ultimate Truth is (and even if I could, I wouldn't -- it's your Grail quest, right? ). Frankly, I don't know if such a thing called Ultimate Truth even exists, or can ever be obtained. Perhaps the recognition of that fact alone is, in itself, the Ultimate Truth.

I can tell you, however, that it only takes a few quid in public library late charges, an open mind, and a pure heart, to come to these same (or other) conclusions all on your own. And no faggy secretive Freemason or corrupt Catholic will tell you that in such certain terms.

[Public library reference c/o Goodwill Hunting -- not a bad starting point in your spiritual quest]

Best wishes.
    Andrew

I understand what you're saying, but it's a little condescending. We all know that our relationship with the material is often 'fleeting' and in the cold light of day anti-rational, but it's something most of us are hardwired to. your post seem to infer that the thread starter is unable to comprehend or affect his own destiny.
    We are conditioned to conspicuously consume from the first Christmas we can remember and from then on, the Holy grail is an expensive list of mistakes or brief encounters with what we believe will make us happy. If we have a mind of our own, we will learn to consume with foresight, we will make informed decisions. However, the machine, or 'God of materialism' (does anyone believe in a 'real' god anymore?) will always know what we want before we do and the tail will always wag the dog even when we think we are the masters of our own material destiny. However, this isn't new, we all get this, don't we?

I take on board what you're saying, but I think that things are considerably more intertwined that you give credit and although 'technically' we have a rational mind to think and to plot our existence, we are at the mercy of a thousand different influences. Excuse the crass religious overtones, we are the cup that is being filled.

To be honest, the Religious content of your posts don't sit well with me. This is a car forum, not a theological discussion board. Regardless of intention, the 'God' context often arrives preachy and a little righteous.

Cheers, James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

7. Default

You bring up a number of good points, James. But, at the end of the day, who knows, right?

Anyway, my message was to the original poster, Richy. He initiated a thread asking for "his" Holy Grail. Certainly, that odd use of language is a weird coincidence, but nevertheless I felt compelled to post my thoughts on the matter. Christ!

I'm not so sure that many of your fellow NSXers here would agree with you about your [paraphrased] "God does not exist" statement. LORD knows I wouldn't agree.

I'm also not intending to get into any sort of pissing contest with anyone here -- just making sure the record is straight. I've been in this life a very long time, and I know how silly disagreements can destroy an otherwise insightful thread/message.

Yours Truly,
    Andrew

8. Default

Good grief.

9. Default

Can we talk about cars and tits?

I've spoken to Sudesh about it recently and certainly was a reality check! I 'thought' i had found an NSX-R but Sudesh was quick to point out it was in fact a replica (it was just under £60k).

So, as said, you're talking £100k+ at the moment for an NSX-R. Subjectively, it is a ridiculous amount of money when you can get technically better cars for less.

I won't lie, £100k has shocked me, but i've not ruled it out yet. I'm sure i'd be happy with a replica, but i would still long for the real thing.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much the UK NSX-R was sold for? It was sold on again recently wasn't it? I remember seeing it was for sale in the Performance Car article it was in.
    '02 Honda NSX [Garage Queen]
    '17 Huracan Performante [Weekend Car]
    '19 Porsche Macan [Daily]

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Fenn View Post
    Can we talk about cars and tits?
    What was it you wanted to say about tits?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast